The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Working Spells in the Dungeon

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Working Spells in the Dungeon Empty Working Spells in the Dungeon

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm

The day was ending on a high note for Annie. After a long and relaxing dinner with Kerry, they had spent a few hours snuggling in front of the fireplace in their commons before Annie was convinced that charms work should be tackled.

After a quick change of clothes, they emerged in the charms dungeon, travelling underground through the tunnel connection from their own commons. Charms class had been equally the greatest and worst day of her week. Her own magic faltered, but she was eager for a breakthrough…and having Kerry by her side made anything seem possible.

Annie spied a large square wooden table, burdened with everything she would need to practice the same spells from their last class. Professor Douglas has already been here.

“I don’t see anyone else,” she said and smiled at Kerry. “Though I’m positive we’re being watched.” She slipped her arm around his waist. Annie imagined Professor Douglas would review whatever happened down here in the morning, since it was already two hours past the last charms class in this building. “But as far as actual people, I think we’re on our own.”

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Working Spells in the Dungeon Empty Re: Working Spells in the Dungeon

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Kerry was in a great mood. Charms has been smoking, Dark Arts ruled (he heard Anna was out of the hospital but draughted to her ears), and after a great dinner there was snuggling by the fire.

And now it was charms again . . . but Kerry loves the privacy of being in the Charms Dungeon, which was really sort of cool. Decked out in his slacks and tee shirt (which happened to be the Torchwood logo with "Torchwood Cardiff: Outside the government, beyond the police . . . just around the corner from the Post Office" written below), he was ready to help Annie move beyond the space she'd been in today.

He smiled seeing Professor Douglas had prepped the area for them. "She's really good," he said, then turned to Annie. "Yeah, I think we're all alone, Sweetie." He looked about as if someone were there. "What would you like to try first?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Annie grinned up at him and winked. "Well, I know what I'd like to practice more..." she said, remembering their time out in the hollow. "But we should really focus on charms, don't you think?"

She kissed his lips, lingering a bit before pulling away and freeing her wand. “How about if I try lumos first,” she shrugged. “I think that should be the simplest out of all the first year spells.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Kerry nodded, pulling out his own wand. "You light 'em up and I'll 'nox' them out." He laughed at his own very bad pun.

He really loved this time together. Not only do we get to be alone, but we're doing magic as well. He couldn't believe if he were in "regular" school right now, he'd be bored out of his mind and probably surfing YouTube for new videos--
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Annie nodded. "That's if I can get this wand lit at all." She stared at the very tip of her wand. "It seems to not want to cooperate these days for the simple spells. Let's see what it'll do tonight."

She made an about face and pointed her wand away from Kerry. Just in case something goes wrong, I'd hate to tear his face off... I like his face. She smiled and gave her wand a little flick.

"Lumos"

Lighting up the dungeon... 1 of 5: Lumos
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Working Spells in the Dungeon D100 (D100.) :
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Reaching out with his wand Kerry said, "Nox," extinguishing her wand, then gave Annie a hug. "See? You need a peaceful place to practice." He smirked. "Away from the Penny Dreadfuls." He remembered how Ella scooted away from Annie and him right after Dark Arts. Probably checking up on her roomie, he thought, but also keeping in mind that she was likely P.O.ed about how he punked her in Charms.

"Just do another like that," he said. "You will. It's that easy."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Annie nodded in agreement. The vibe down here was more relaxed, though making magic work in front of Ella or her sidekick didn't seem to have been a problem in the triage. Still, she had also been under a lot of stress that day too...

Annie wondered about that while giving her wand another flick.

"Lumos."

Lighting up the dungeon... 2 of 5: Lumos
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Working Spells in the Dungeon D100 (D100.) :
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:06 pm

"Nox." And another hug. Annie can be fragile at times, Kerry thought. He wondered if the birthday had hit her wrong. He knew that his mother got a little weird at times around her birthday, and maybe it was the same as Annie. Have to pay more attention next year.

"You're almost here." He had his wand as his side. He was leaning against the table, relaxed. "Go ahead."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Annie glanced over at Kerry and smiled. She couldn't help but admire his profile and casual stance in the dim light of the dungeon. She felt her heartbeat quicken in response.

Since he had presented her with the locket, she spent every morning and every evening in bed with him, gazing at his smiling face. But the sight of his form sent shivers throughout her body.

She held up her wand and gave it another flick.

"Lumos."

Lighting up the dungeon... 3 of 5: Lumos
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm

When nothing happened, she flicked her wrist once more and said, a little louder this time, "Lumos."

Lighting up the dungeon... 4 of 5: Lumos
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Annie blinked. That's magic for you... She flicked her wrist once more and tried for the last time.

"Lumos."

Lighting up the dungeon... 5 of 5: Lumos
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Kerry applauded, then "noxed" her light. "See? Told you." He then reached over and gave her a tender kiss to help let the stress go.

"That was really good, Sweetie." He hopped up on the table, dangling his legs. "Ready for something bigger? Or you got something else in mind?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Annie sidled up in front of him, excited that her magic seemed to be finally flowing out of her. She rested a hand lightly on his thigh as she looked over the things on the table.

"Hmmm," she said, considering her options. "Perhaps I'll try locomotor next." She pointed her wand at a rather large book and gave it a flick.

"Locomotor book."

Levitating the knowledge... 1 of 5: Locomotor.
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey, Kerry . . . can you say "duck"?

I thought you could!
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Kerry watched as Annie prepared to move the book. She did her incantation and wand movement--

And suddenly the book was shooting off--

At him!

Kerry ducking!!!
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Working Spells in the Dungeon D100 (D100.) :
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

The member 'Kerry Malibey' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'D100' :
    Working Spells in the Dungeon D100
    Result : 7
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm

The book goes flying by a dodging Kerry and smacks against the wall.

You did move it, Annie--

Sort of.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Kerry looked at the wall, then back to Annie. "You don't mess around when you move something, do you?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Annie dropped her wand as the book took off--straight for Kerry. She let out a gasp as it sailed over his head and smacked into the wall.

"I..." What the hell was that? She smiled crookedly. "At least it wasn't a weight...and we both have our faces." She laughed, the sound echoing around the cavernous room.

After retrieving her wand and then the book from the floor, she tried it again. "Keep your eyes peeled..." She gave her wand a small flick and said, "Locomotor book."

Levitating the knowledge... 2 of 5: Locomotor.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Annie let the book sail across the table before setting it down. "That was better," she said. "I had control of that one, for sure."

She gave her wand a flick and tried to repeat it again. "Locomotor book."

Levitating the knowledge... 3 of 5: Locomotor.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Once again, she let the book sail to the other end of the table before setting it down. "That one was even better. I wonder if I can get it once more," she said, giving her wand another flick.

"Locomotor book."

Levitating the knowledge... 4 of 5: Locomotor.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Kerry was now feeling very good about things. After the bobble Annie nailed Locomotor like she'd been doing it for years. He slid off the table and went over to Annie. Wrapping his arm around her waist he gave her another sweet, loving kiss.

"Very good, Miss Krum," he said with a hint of mischief in his voice. "And I haven't even had to give you a lot of tutoring tonight." He squeezed her tight. "You're always going to be a better witch than me."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Annie held him tightly against her body, letting his warmth envelop her. "That's not true, Kerry," she whispered into his neck.

Her hands glided tenderly around his neck as she melted into his body, allowing her lips to travel up to his. She held her breath as she kissed him once more….

Pulling back a little, she ran her fingers though his hair. “It can’t be much fun for you, sitting around and dodging my flying books. Maybe we can take a look in one of the reference rooms for something more challenging.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Kerry felt something a little different when Annie kissed him this time. He wasn't able to put his finger on it, but then . . . of late he was spending more time just "doing" and less time "analyzing". Either way--

It felt very good.

He hopped down off the table and lifted Annie to the ground. "Let's take a look." They wandered into the dungeon hall and looked around. Kerry recognized that they were in a different part of the dungeon and so things didn't look the same as they did last night. I love the vaulted ceilings, though, he thought.

They wandered to their right, then turned to their left. There was an open room that Kerry poked his head into. Not only where their books, there was a couple of reading chairs as well. "I think we found what we were looking for."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Annie walked into the room ahead of Kerry and took a look around.

"I think this is an old reference room, Kerry," she said, pulling a book from the shelves at random. Plopping down into one of the chairs, she flipped open the book in her lap. The spine was well worn so the hard cover flapped open without protest.

"Hmm, Achievements in Charming. Sounds like dry reading to me."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:59 am