The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Wednesday's Special Charms

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 Empty Re: Wednesday's Special Charms

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 pm

The statue remained as a whole lot of nothing happened. "Again," she yelled once more.

"Reducto!"

Making teeny rocks: 6 of 6 Base 65+
    3 Successes 1 Carryover

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Once more, the statue exploded into a heap of rock. She stared hard down at the rubble, watching the smoke clear. She acknowledged the satisfying feeling of utter destruction creeping over her yet again...and she reveled in it. "More!" she yelled, aiming her wand at yet another statue.

"Reducto!"

Making teeny rocks: 7 of 6 Base 70+
    4 Successes 1 Carryover

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:56 pm

As the final statue exploded yet again, Annie lowered her wand and faced the class. "That, my friends, is how you blow stuff up."

She giggled and curtsied. "I think I'm finished here, Wends." She hurried back to her seat and slid neatly beside Kerry.

Making teeny rocks:
    5 Successes 1 Carryover

Spell Learned
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Kerry reached over and took Annie's hand, running his fingers over her palm. "Now you're going to be a dangerous person," he said softly. "I bet Gillian isn't going to mess with you anymore, now that you can make the wall over her bed explode!"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Annie giggled as the thought of pulling her wand out on Jill pulsed through her mind. "Honestly, Kerry... I almost can't believe I just did that," she said and squeezed his hand in hers. "Down in our study room...I sucked. And last class I got only four tries in before it became painfully obvious I just wasn't going to get it done."

She sighed. "Oh well. I guess some magic just fits me better." She shrugged. "That just means I'll have to work harder at the stuff that stumps me."
    Wednesday Douglas
    Wednesday Douglas
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 37

Post  Wednesday Douglas Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Wednesday was as pleased as ... well, very pleased. Her 1st Years came up and showed the rest of the class that she hadn't been wrong in selecting them. They both have their strong points, she thought as several of the students applauded Annie as she returned to her seat, but if anything neither give up. And that's why they're here.

"There you go, class," Wednesday told the other students, a few whom were sitting there with some disbelief on their faces at what they'd just see. Like Annie said, that's how you blow ... stuff up. And she did it damn well." She clapped as she looked right into Annie's eyes, her own eyes smiling.

"I expect to see all of you fight for those charms," Wednesday said, "just as Annie and Kerry did. And even though Kerry didn't get it this time, you know he will next time." She shot the boy a smile, then turned to the rest of the class, "This is more about tenacity and the ability to handle the pressure than anything else. We'll all get these eventually--just like we get all the charms--but the journey is a far more important to us than the destination. Believe me; you handle the stuff that happens to you in here, everything else will come to you with ease.

"So..." Wednesday looked over the room. "Who is next?"
    Wednesday Douglas
    Wednesday Douglas
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Wednesday Douglas Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Harmony Willowbranch 60+
    Wednesday Douglas carried out 12 launched of one (D100.) :

35 , 76 , 1 , 39 , 90 , 100 , 56 , 65 , 82 , 61 , 54 , 33

Wednesday Douglas carried out 12 launched of one (D10.) :

2 , 10 , 6 , 7 , 2 , 4 , 4 , 7 , 3 , 5 , 7 , 2

Harold Napper 55+

90 , 30 , 19 , 98 , 84 , 31 , 46 , 76 , 42 , 15 , 64 , 43

9 , 1 , 7 , 4 , 1 , 10 , 2 , 10 , 2 , 9 , 1 , 7

Elias Eldred 60+

54 , 61 , 44 , 58 , 26 , 44 , 55 , 72 , 1 , 29 , 44 , 25

7 , 1 , 7 , 4 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 2 , 8 , 6 , 8 , 1

Rivânia Suassuna 55+

69 , 93 , 54 , 69 , 87 , 99 , 36 , 6 , 84 , 41 , 56 , 7

7 , 6 , 2 , 6 , 1 , 8 , 9 , 5 , 3 , 2 , 4 , 2

Talia Delis 55+

90 , 53 , 41 , 5 , 87 , 8 , 59 , 4 , 19 , 30 , 63 , 98

8 , 7 , 6 , 7 , 1 , 2 , 2 , 9 , 8 , 3 , 10 , 1

Nadine Woodley 60+

66 , 49 , 68 , 83 , 11 , 45 , 70 , 8 , 54 , 1 , 21 , 76

5 , 9 , 3 , 9 , 8 , 7 , 10 , 4 , 8 , 2 , 9 , 6
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:01 pm

When everyone had finished, Annie wondered if there might be some time left to practice last week's spells. She piped up in her seat.

"Excuse me, prof... Er, sorry. Wends. " She felt her cheeks flush and carried on. "Would it be alright if we practiced those spells from last week before class breaks for the evening?"
    Wednesday Douglas
    Wednesday Douglas
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Wednesday Douglas Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Wednesday smiled as Annie spoke. "Well, Annie, since I asked Kerry last week in our after-class break if he'd try Accio non-verbal--and he accepted--I don't see why you both can't give it a shot."

She stepped aside, then clapped. The pedestal instantly cleared and three items from last week appeared upon them: the Companion Cube, the Facehugger pillow, and the Hello Kitty doll. "Let's just think about doing Accio first; I'll take care of putting things back. Or..." She looked at Kerry. "I think you have someone with you already, Annie, that can do that job.

"When either of your are ready, go for it."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Kerry got on the line and got ready. He knew he'd only done this once before, but somehow, with Annie next to him it felt like when they were doing this in the Charms Dungeon.

Yeah, the worst you can do is nothing, he thought, lining up on the Companion Cube. So just do it.

As he'd seen the other students do last week, he pointed and concentrated, thinking, Accio Companion Cube.

Attacking the Cube, 1 of 6, Base 75+
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Annie sighed when nothing happened for Kerry. This one is going to give me a lot of trouble. Maybe one of these oddball pillows will bring me luck this week?

She leaned in and whispered, "You'll do it. I know you will." Kissing his cheek, she slipped her hand into his and brandished her wand once more.

"My turn, I think?" She focused her energies on the strange cube thing.

"Accio cube!"

Come to me, Cube. 1 of 6: Base 65+

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

When the cube came flying to Annie he was all smiles. She's on a high now, he thought, realizing how much energy she was still carrying from her Massive Web of Destruction charm.

He banished the cube back then gave her a hug and kiss; there were a couple of "awwws" from the girls, and stone silence from the boys--who, since they seemed interested in the girls, didn't want to respond negatively.

"Okay," Kerry said, "lets see what I can do." He decided to switch over to another object, and as thus he pointed and thought, Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 2 of 6, Base 75+
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Wednesday's Special Charms - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Annie felt Kerry deflate a bit. He must be exhausted. She turned and wrapped her arms around him, not caring who was watching. Let them watch. I know how to blow crap up...

"Kerry," she whispered into his ear. "Remember the charms dungeon and how you turned me invisible?" She leaned back and winked. "Don't overthink it."

Facing the cube thing that he'd just banished she lifted her wand and tried to summon it again.

"Accio cube!"

Come to me, Cube. 2 of 6: Base 65+
    1 Success

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Kerry took Annie's advice to heart. Don't overthink; just do it. That seemed to be the overriding theme with him. The moment he started to think about what he was doing, it didn't do; when it did it, it did.

So lets just do, he thought, then flicked his wand and thought, Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 3 of 6, Base 75+

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Annie squealed with delight as the oddly shaped pillow launched an attack straight for Kerry. She jumped up and down, thrilled at his first success with the nonverbal spell. "He did it!" she yelled at the class and then quieted down when she realized... they have eyeballs, Annie. They see he did it.

She giggled at herself and faced the two pillows that were left. "My turn! Perhaps I'll try that colorful cat thing?"

She flicked her wand at it. "Accio Kitty!"

Come to me, Kitty. 3 of 6: Base 65+
    1 Success

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Nothing for Annie, and he could feel her energy zapping just a little . . . still, she had high spirits, and after what she did earlier there was no reason not to. Maybe my dark witch is better suited to being dangerous, he thought as he banished the pillow. If so, people best be nice to her. I might be able to summon books, but she'll be able to take their heads.

He nodded at Annie, then gave her another hug. "No thinking, remember that," he said before releasing her. He pointed once more at the pillow and thought, Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 4 of 6, Base 75+
    1 Success, 1 Carryover

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Annie nodded and stood in front of Kerry, her back leaning into him slightly. She felt the warmth radiating from his body as she took aim at the weird cat once again. No thinking...

Brandishing her wand at the cat she commanded, "Accio kitty!"

Come to me, Kitty. 4 of 6: Base 65+
    1 Success

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:00 pm

At least we're both doing the same, Kerry thought. He wasn't happy about what he was doing, but he didn't want to see Annie's mood spoiled. Considering the only other people who nailed Reducto were the 5th Years, he wanted her to feel on top of the world.

Like she always should.

"Lets do this," he said to Annie, smiling. Then it was another point, flick, and deep thoughts of Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 5 of 6, Base 75+
    1 Success, 1 Carryover

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Annie giggled. "This spell has to have some secret to getting it. What that is, I just can't seem to nail it." She rested her hand on her hip as she thought about what the problem might be.

"When I was casting reducto, I felt euphoric as I watched the statues turn to rubble. Now, I can't seem to find that same feeling when the pillows come sailing across the room at us."

She turned to face the kitten and pursed her lips. "I'll get it eventually. Maybe I have to dial that energy back a bit...and I turn it down a little too much?" After all, magic is all about putting the right energy into your spells. She lifted her wand and concentrated.

"Accio kitty!"

Come to me, Kitty. 5 of 6: Base 65+
    1 Success

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Kerry saw the Kitty Hell doll fly to Annie, and he smiled broadly when she caught it and hugged it tightly. "Well, now," he said, "I gotta have one of my own to hug--"

And he turned sharply on the pillow and thought, Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 6 of 6, Base 75+
    1 Success, 1 Carryover

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Annie clapped as his pillow sailed forward and landed in Kerry's arms. Maybe that's just it, she thought, raising her wand. My energy needs a tweak.

"Once more, Kitty. Accio kitty!"

Come to me, Kitty. 6 of 6: Base 65+
    2 Successes

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 pm

As soon as Kerry banished everything back, Annie brought the cube again. She's in the zone now, he thought, then realized it was going to get harder for him. He could only push it now, and he remembered the strain from their lab, and the strain from tonight.

"Ah, just go for it," he mumbled, then set the wand on the pillow--

Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 7 of 6, Base 80+
    2 Success, 1 Carryover

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Annie knew he was so close. They both were. She ramped her energy up a little more and attempted to bring the kitty once more. "I think I might have this energy thing down... I think."

She pointed her wand and tried again.

"Accio kitty!"

Come to me, Kitty. 7 of 6: Base 70+
    3 Successes

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Kerry was laughing this time as the Kitty came flying towards Annie. "Yeah, you got it now!" he said before banishing the doll back. "I think you're finally gonna take that one down."

As for me . . . he knew he wouldn't get it tonight, but he knew enough that he'd have it before the end of the year. And how many 1st Years can do this, much less non-verbal? It was like Wednesday said: this is all about how you handle it, not if you can really do it--

Kerry pointed his line of sight down his wand arm and thought, Accio Facehugger.

Summoning the Alien, 8 of 6, Base 85+
    2 Successes, 1 Carryover

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Annie wondered if Kerry would stop. Her own energy level seemed to be running steady, but she knew it was going to get more difficult with every attempt. She revved up her moxie and pointed her wand dead at that kitten. "You're mine," she said with a sneer.

"Accio kitty!"

Come to me, Kitty. 8 of 6: Base 75+
    4 Successes; 1 Carryover

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 am