The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+3
Trevor Parkman
Annie Krum
Kerry Malibey
7 posters

Welcome to the Midnight Madness

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Welcome to the Midnight Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Midnight Madness

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Annie moved instinctively, allowing his body to nestle against her comfortably. “I wonder why none of the others have come down tonight,” she said, looking around the room for their new friends.

She looked at the table in front of them and had an idea. “One cheese banitsa, please,” she said. When the sweet dessert appeared on the table in front of them, she squealed with delight.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Welcome to the Midnight Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Midnight Madness

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Kerry saw something appear, and when Annie squealed, he knew it must be good. "I don't know," he said, answering her question. "It could be their off doing other things. Or maybe . . ." He shrugged. "It's the first week, maybe they're tired and wanted to get some sleep so they can enjoy the weekend."

He looked at what had just arrived via Kebler Express. "What's this?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Annie took the small dish in her hand and used the fork to cut a wedge. “This is a traditional dessert when served sweet. My mother prepares this dish for especially for my birthday every year. She places a coin inside, and whoever finds it gives me a kiss. If I find it, I get to choose whom to kiss.

“This year, I will be in school for my birthday.” She gave him a twisted smile and held the fork for him to taste.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Tasting the forkfull held for him, Kerry found the desert what he called "Euro-sweet": not as overpowering a sweetness that a lot of Americans likes, but instead layered with other spices to truly bring out the flavor. "That's really good," he said, and it was.

"That's something I never asked," he said, he face blushing just a little. "When is your birthday?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Annie felt her cheeks flush. She took a bite of the banitsa and put the plate back on the table. It seemed a little strange that they were already so intimately involved and didn’t even know simple details—like birthdays. It dawned on her that his birthday wasn’t the only thing she didn’t know about him, and suddenly her mind was filled with hundreds of questions.

“Mine is in September--the twenty-seventh. I’ve never asked when your birthday is either.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:03 pm

September 27th? Oh, man. Kerry had no idea it was that close. What the hell am I gonna do? Then again he didn't know if he was suppose to get Annie anything. I know nothing about dating, so are you suppose to get a girl you started dating a present right away?

But if Kerry wanted to take it all the way out to a logical conclusion . . . Dating? We're talking about marriage. And I gotta think about a present for her turning--what? 12? Oi!

Smiling, Kerry said, "3 May. So you got a while."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Annie perked up when he said, ‘…you got a while.’ “Kerry,” she said, unsure what he meant but guessing he was panicked about what was expected of him. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched…but are felt in the heart.” She reached up, caressing his cheek. You have already given me everything…

Her curiosity was blazing; she craved to know every little detail about him. “Do you have a middle name? Pets? What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:48 am

When Annie started speaking in metaphors Kerry had a little trouble figuring out what she was saying, but the stroking of his cheek was a good hit for what she was saying. Still, he wanted to get her something, only what?

"Oh," he said, almost grunting out the response to Annie's question. "We have one cat, a seal-point Siamese, named Tsukino, who is probably 9 years old now. I like strawberry or cherry ice cream. And . . ." He lowered his voice. "My middle name is Rodney. My full name is Kerrigan Rodney Malibey."

He chuckled. "They really screwed up because Kerrigan--or Kerry for that matter--means 'blacked haired'." He took another bite of the desert. "I think my mom figured my hair would be like hers."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:57 pm

“Kerrigan Rodney,” she whispered, letting the name roll from her tongue. Annie was touched that he had shared such an intimate detail with her. “I don't think they screwed up at all. It’s a beautiful name, Kerry.

“So if your mother has black hair, is your father the ginger?” She checked out his locks—slightly wavy and parted on the left. The color of it was also a richer shade of red in the dim light of the room.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:01 pm

"That's the funny thing," Kerry said. "His hair is dark brown, so I guess I get the hair from somewhere in Mom's past." He pushed himself back into the sofa, still touching Annie's leg. "She told me there's Irish blood in her family, but her parents don't have ginger hair, and her grandparents didn't seem to have it, either."

He nuzzled Annie's ear. "I think I get it from one of the ancestors." He shrugged. "Maybe from the same ones I got the money."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Annie giggled as Kerry tickled her. “I don’t care where it came from,” she said, leaning closer. “It’s perfect.” She fondled a few strands of his hair and kissed him.

Her curiosity still not satiated, she asked, “What are some of your happiest moments in life?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 pm

There was a subject Kerry knew little about: being happy. There were a few moments, but few and far between.

"Oh, man." He slipped into thought for a moment. "I remember the first time I started riding my bike around where we lived in Sleepy Hollow, back in California, and it was cool being out . . . alone." He looked up into the dim light above and sighed. "I was maybe just a few months past 6 then."

Kerry thought about what to say next. "I don't know; it seems like I always remember the bad stuff, and keeping the good stuff in line is hard." He squeezed her thigh. "I don't think I've been unhappy since coming to school, though." He giggled. "A time or two, maybe, but for the most part--happy."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Annie raised her eyebrows when he mentioned a bike. She had read about them but never actually seen one. She grew up around brooms and figured they were similar, except one went much faster and actually flew.

When his hand briefly tightened and then released her thigh, she felt the color explode on her cheeks. He is happy since being at school, she thought while her mind zeroed in on the pleasurable sensation of his hand.

“And why is that, do you think?” She gazed deeply into his dark eyes.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Kerry smiled broadly. "Because I get to hang with . . . my wife!" Then he tickled her tummy, thinking she was probably going to cut loose with a loud, girlish yelp.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Annie roared with laughter as Kerry tickled her. Gasping for breath, she collapsed onto the soft couch. There was no denying that Annie felt the same. Each day that passed, Annie found it harder and harder to keep herself away from him. The mystery he offered intrigued her.

She slipped her hands behind her head and stared up at the ceiling. “It was real, wasn’t it?” She remembered the lake house, not as it looked when she left last summer, but how it appeared in her vision—the first rays of the morning sun streaming into the loft bedroom; glinting off his disheveled hair…and his wedding band.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Kerry lay back as well, returning his hand to where it had been on Annie's thigh. "You saw it," he said, "but I don't have reason to think you're lying. And Professor Arrakis, she saw something, too." He shrugged twice, as if he needed to convince himself that he wasn't imagining thing. "And I had my own vision/dream thing. So I'm thinking something is there."

He rubbed her leg slowly. "I don't feel like this is some tweener romance. It feels like . . ." Kerry started blushing. "Like it's really real."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Giggling, Annie pecked the end of his nose and swung her legs over his, stretching out on the long sofa.

“There is no getting rid of me, Kerrigan Rodney Malibey…Ever,” she said. Yawning, she lightly rolled onto her left side and tucked her hands under her head.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 pm

The moment Annie stretched her legs over him Kerry felt like he'd entered heaven. It was such an . . . adult moment. Is it like this with all wizards and witches? he thought. The feeling that they were growing up very fast--it didn't bother Kerry. If anything, he was growing more comfortable with it by the day.

"Who says I want to lose you?" he said, getting comfortable under her legs
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Annie pushed up on the couch so that she was leaning on her arm. “Kerry, my life was empty without you. I cannot ever imagine a day without you. I will always be there…because I love you.

“I love you not only for what you are, but also for what I am when I am with you. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

She patted the space behind her and winked. “Want to keep me company?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Smiling, Kerry leaned over the arm and grabbed a pillow. Then, slipping it behind Annie's head he slipped in behind her and covered them up.

He'd never snuggled like this with a girl--spooning. He'd seen his parents do it. He never thought he'd do it. Not now. Not in the state of Maine at the foot of a mountain in the middle of nowhere in a huge building, doing it with a witch girl while surrounded by other wizards and witches . . ..

"I love you too, Annie," he said. "And you make me very happy."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Welcome to the Midnight Madness - Page 2 Empty Saturday night, 10 September, 10 PM

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:04 am

And here they were again, on their sofa . . ..

Or so that's how Kerry saw it. Back on the same spot, with the same pillows and blankets, though this time drinking hot chocolate--which seemed to be something of a favorite here, or at least it was in the Astronomy Tower--and Annie had ordered some of the pastry they'd had the night before.

It was feeling different tonight. Last night it was holding her tight and slipping under the covers and everything was all new. Tonight . . . it had been both of them flying and Annie seeing Professor Arrakis, and then the events in the library and Charms House . . . so much had happened.

And all of it good.

Kerry looked around. "I don't see many of the first years." One of the girls waved at him, her face lighting up. Kerry waved back. "I think Lina's roomie is here, but I don't see Lina."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:22 am

Annie shrugged. It seemed like their fellow classmates weren’t very interested in doing much of anything beyond attending classes. She made herself comfortable, shrugging out of her robe and slippers, and cuddled up on the couch close to Kerry.

“Does it matter if they show?” she asked, raising her eyebrows at the witch Kerry waved to. “Unless you’d rather have their company…”

Annie moved back a bit, distancing herself from him on the couch. She tugged on her black tank top and smoothed her black silk pajama pants, pretending to pout.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 am

"Hey." Kerry didn't realize that Annie was that touchy about . . . well, being a alone with him. "I'm sorry, Sweetie." He scooted closer and kissed her cheek. "I didn't think, okay." Taking her hand, he gave it a playful squeeze. "No where else I'd rather be right now--"

It was then they heard someone clearing their throat--right next to them--
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Character Age : 51

Post  Trevor Parkman Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:30 am

This was his first night at the Madness since April of last year, and Trevor admitted he missed it. He loved the comradely, the relaxed air of the Dinning Hall. If it were up to him, he'd consider it like this 24/7.

He looked about and didn't see anyone... oh, what was this? Ah, yes: the "exchange students" from Hogwarts. Looking rather comfy on the sofa. Oh those days in the commons, he thought.

When he saw the Malibey boy lean in and kiss Krum he thought it might be best to interject a little discretion. Word had it the Headmistress might stop by tonight, and a proper snog might be frowned upon.

Trevor slid up next to the sofa and cleared his throat, catching them both unaware. "Room for a fellow Hufflepuff?" he asked.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:34 am

“Mr. Parkman,” Annie stared, dumbfounded, “Hello, Sir.” She stood and moved further down the couch to make room. “What brings you to the Madness? Last night we were here and it was almost all students. We weren’t aware that adults partook of the festivities.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm