The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

5 posters

Prepair for Flight!

Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

Prepair for Flight! - Page 4 Empty Re: Prepair for Flight!

Post  Victoria Salomon Sat May 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Keeping her under control as she had Kerry, Victoria put Annie through her paces, moving the broom around the room, getting her accustomed to how it handed, making her feel relaxed . . . generally letting her build the confidence to make the broom do as she liked.

After her little-more-than-15 minutes was up, Victoria gave Annie her last orders. "Okay, Annie, we're just about done here. Get into a hover--that's it. Now, put just the smallest of pressure on the broom, let it descend a touch, bring your feet down and, when you're on the ground, pull the broom out and hold it to your side.

"You've been doing great, so this is gonna be easy. Okay, now . . . land."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Annie was thrilled things were going so well. She also wasn’t as bothered by everyone staring as she thought she was going to be.

She lowered the broom and reached her feet to the ground.

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Prepair for Flight! - Page 4 D100 (D100.) :
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 pm

The member 'Annie Krum' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'D100' : 18

Not too shabby!
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Sat May 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Annie touched down gently, and Victoria nodded happily. She walked over and gave Annie a hug, whispering, "See? You have a good touch," then released her. "Okay, Athena, go stand over there with Starbuck and hold on to that lucky broom--together." She gave Annie a wink then sent her to take her place next to Kerry.

That's two down . . ..
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat May 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Annie blushed at the name Athena and practically floated over to Kerry’s side. “That was so much fun, Kerry,” she gushed. “I can’t believe I actually flew and didn’t kill myself…” she glanced around the room, “or anyone else.” She giggled and stood next to him, holding the broom between them.

“You were amazing on this broom. I want you to take it when we go out onto the field.”
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 am

Mesmerizing. It was a fair word to describe Keith's experience as he observed Kerry and Annie's turns trying out the broom. It was a bit different from the first time he saw magic or when his stepdad let him try out a simple spell. He was fascinated, terrified, and anxious to try it at the same time.

When Annie finished, Keith tensed. He was ready if Professor Salomon were to call on him. On the other hand, he wouldn't have minded if someone else went next, either.
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Sun May 29, 2011 7:45 am

Noticing the boy fidgeting next to a locker, Victoria saw by his body language that he looked as if he was trying to hide while remaining in class at the same time. I haven't heard a peep out of this one, she thought. Need to fix that--

"Domingo," she said. "Time to step up, lad. Grab yourself a broom and come on down!"
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Sun May 29, 2011 12:52 pm

At the instructor's call, the knot in the pit of Keith's stomach became a pressure in his temples. It also suddenly felt very hot under all of his gear. He walked over to the Cleansweep Five cabinet, picked out the first broom he could reach, and walked quickly to where Professor Salomon was waiting.

Keith never noticed it, but his shoulders remained constantly tensed when he was on the spot. He also looked as skittish as a squirrel. "I'm ready." he said, sounding very serious.

One of the students across the room chuckled. It sounded far away against a slight buzzing feeling that formed near the top of his head. He then began to notice a calmer, unfamiliar vibe issuing from the broom he held in his hands. He took a deep breath and looked from it to the professor expectantly.
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Sun May 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Victoria moved over next to Keith, intent on getting him relaxed and ready to go. "First time on a broom?" she asked, the added, "And which hand do you use, Keith?"

Just then the building rocked; it sounded as if a wall of wind hit the west side of the Bastion, and the outside double-doors rattled tremendously as the gusts slammed against the structure, and the howl of the wind increased.

As Victoria turned towards the doors she cocked her head to one side. "Hold on, students," she said, "I'm getting a message from the headmistress." She appeared to listen to something, like there was a person whispering in her ear.

After a minute she said something softly, then turned to the class of 5. "Sorry, guys, but it's looking as if our current weather is worsening; our Gameskeeper is locking down the Owlery and says there are trees down on the property. The Headmistress is ordering classes closed and for everyone to return to the Great Hall and Towers."

She clapped her hands. "Okay, get the brooms back, change and take the tunnels back to the Hall." She glanced to Keith. "Sorry, Keith. Looks like things just ain't working out today." She patted him on the shoulder. "You're first up next class."

Victoria stepped to one side to stay out of the way of the sudden movement. "Change and stick to the tunnels on the way back! See you next time! Class dismissed!"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun May 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Annie was giddy that they had the rest of the day free. She smiled at Kerry. "I'll put away the broom and meet you back here in five minutes." She swiftly placed it back in the closet. Once she was sure it was secure, she disappeared into the girls locker room.

She found her locker and slipped out of her flying gear, hanging it back inside. Annie's fingers fluttered over the letters on the back of the jacket. Papa, I flew...

Rushing to meet Kerry, she pulled her own clothes out of the locker and got dressed. She took a final look in the mirror hanging on the door of her locker. After she was satisfied everything was in place, she slipped on her shoes, slung her backpack over her shoulder, grabbed her jacket, and left the locker room.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun May 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Kerry left Annie to put the broom away, then returned to the dressing room to change. He sort of heard Keith behind him, but Kerry was lost in his own thoughts.

Yes, he'd been up on a broom; yes, he didn't crash and burn. Yes, he was very happy. And, he felt, that happiness had brushed off on Annie, because she'd done great. And next time-- He heard the wind now howling outside, and as much as he'd wanted to show his mettle on the pitch, he knew he'd be in the mud in seconds if they went out in this.

Slamming the locker shut behind him, Kerry headed back to the equipment room to wait for Annie. He looked at the cabinets holding all the brooms, and mumbled, "I can't wait to see you all again."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sun May 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Annie walked into the equipment room and caught Kerry, eying the brooms...and her heart sunk. She knew what that look meant. She walked up behind him, putting a hand tenderly on his back.

"Hey," she said. "Everything alright?" She knew he was upset they didn't get the chance to fly--really fly, but she knew they would be in the air sooner than he expected. How she knew, she couldn't be sure...she just knew.

"Come on, Kerry," she crooned into his ear. "Let's go." She slipped her hand into his and pulled him toward the classroom, where they would be able to access the tunnels back to the Great Hall.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun May 29, 2011 6:58 pm

The moment they were on the stairs leading to the tunnels Kerry took Annie's hand. "I'm not upset," he said. Once they reached the bottom and stepped into the tunnel he began swinging their arms back and forth.

"We'll do it next class," he said. "There's plenty of time to fly; it's only the first day of class." He looked up at the tunnel ceiling. "After all, if it's that rough out there, I'm guessing the professor wouldn't have put us on brooms." He looked over and raised an eyebrow. "Would she?"

As he laughed he asked, "You think they would have books on brooms in the library? I'd like to see what I could buy--"

They continued on to the Great Hall, and dinner, and maybe some time in the tower.
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Sun May 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Before leaving the equipment room Victoria looked over the brooms used; she pulled the one Kerry and Annie had use and set it upon a maintenance stand, leaving a quick note about what she'd seen and to check it's hover balance.

She was a little upset the Headmistress called classes; she'd wanted to get the rest of the students on basic maneuvers at least, but when she issued an order, it was followed. I'll grab the other three next class first thing--and maybe let Mailbey and Krum work on their turning. She shrugged; it was fair. Not the best, but fair.

Victoria walked to the heavy outside doors, unlocked them and threw the right one open. She was instantly hit with a blast of stinging cold rain and wind that sent a chilling mist into the room behind her. Victoria closed her eyes and let the rain pelt her, breathing in the fresh air, thinking of a similar time in the forest of Oregon many, many years ago. I'll never forget those days, she thought. And I'll never forget what you did for me, Daddy. Thank you; thank you so much for helping change my life.

There was another enormous gust of wind, so great it felt like a fist pressing against Victoria's chest. She looked out upon the soaked pitch and watched the trees swaying about in the storm. She allowed herself a crooked smile, then shook her head. "Mathilde can be such a chickenshit," she said. "We could have had some fun today!"

She shut the door behind her and locked it tight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content