The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Getting Help

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Getting Help Empty Getting Help

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 04, 2012 2:24 pm

(ooc: Just a quick post as a celebration of my spring semester ending!!! Also, I'm assuming that last post was Friday and today is Saturday.)

Lina woke a little bit later than usual. On any given day, she would wake up between 6:30 and 7 in the morning, but today, she woke up at 7:10. She looked over at Emma, noticing that she was still asleep, then rolled out of bed to get ready for the day.

After doing her normal bathroom routine, she went back to her room to figure out what she wanted to wear for the day. Since it was the weekend she could wear normal clothes, but she didn't want to wear any of her Lolita outfits. Digging to the very back of her trunk, behind several different skirts, shirts, and dresses, she found her lone pair of jeans that she rarely wore. She laid it on her bed and attempted to match it to a shirt that would look best. It didn't take long for her to choose her favorite green shirt with a cute, cartoon panda on it.

She quickly put her outfit on, then worked to tame her hair. Every weekend she would experiment different hairstyles according to how she felt would look good. She didn't feel like spending too much time with her hair since it was most likely not going to stay, she combed her hair out with her fingers and put it in a messy, yet cute, pony tail. Finding her black, hooded jacket, she put it on then glanced at her clock. 7:40, fair enough, she thought as she went over to Emma to wake her up.

As she would with her sisters, Lina gently said her name to test her on how she reacts when being woken up. When she didn't stir right away, Lina placed her hand gently on Emma's shoulder and said her name again, "Emma, wake up."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Getting Help Empty Re: Getting Help

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 04, 2012 11:08 pm

There was a moment when Emma wasn't certain about what was happening. She thought she was in a dream ... in her flying gear ... back at the stadium--

And the dementor was approaching.

She wanted to run; she wanted to be as far away as she could. She couldn't move, couldn't scream, couldn't breath.

She knew she was going to die.

It reached for her, and she pulled back, struck the wall, and it touched her shoulder--

"Emma, wake up."

She didn't sit up screaming, like they show people doing in movies. Rather, she drew in a sharp gasp of air, and her eyes shot open. It was only then she realized she was in her own bed, and the person touching her was Lina, and not a dementor ...

"Oh, Lina!" Emma relaxed, then managed a smile. "Hey. What time is it? Did I oversleep?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon May 07, 2012 8:03 am

"Good morning," Lina said with a gentle smile on her face as she stood back a bit to give Emma some space. "I wouldn't say that you over slept, it's 20 minutes before 8, but remember last night that we discussed about getting better at Potions and that we should go ahead and ask Professor Sladen to help us get better? Mind as well get in done right away, unless you want to get breakfast first. Up to you."

Last edited by Evangelina Cromwell on Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon May 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Emma's eyes opened wide. "Oh, yeah!" She sat up and swung out of bed. "Oh, man," she said, stretching. "My mind was wandering over that. "Yeah, sure, lets find Sladen before we go to breakfast." She quickly thought about what to throw one as she said, "Give me a few minutes, okay?"

She pulled out something simple to wear: blue capri leggings, a short black skater's skirt, and a blue long-sleeved pull over. Emma threw on a couple of bracelets and quickly ran a brush through her hair, getting it in something akin to manageable shape--though not nearly as nice as Lina's.

For her finishing touch she grabbed a couple of gold hoop earrings, then slipped her feet into her black ballet flats as she put them in. "Okay," she said, finally getting the left earring in place, "let's go! I'm ready for anything, roomie!"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon May 28, 2012 8:11 am

Lina and Emma walked down to the coven head's office. The walk down gave Lina time to relax and made her less nervous about seeing a professor. It was probably because Emma was with her, but she was really excited about learning more about potions.

As soon as they reached the office door, Lina hesitated a bit,, butwent ahead and knocked on the door.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 56

Post  Erywin Sladen Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 am

Watering her plants, Erywin felt a little sleepy. It had been a late night, mostly because she wanted to see Helena off before she apparated off to London for--well, something. You could never tell with that woman. She certainly comes and goes as she pleases, she thought, but once she gets an owl from the Ministry, it's go, go, go.

But she was unable to get back to sleep right away, and so she stayed up and had a small glass of wine ... thought a little ... had another glass. When she woke up, she found herself in her chair, the glass still in her hand, and her head just a little on the fuzzy side.

Fortunately, Erywin had something to remedy that last--

She wanted to get into town. She was interested in picking up a few items for her wardrobe, and she thought she might catch the Floo into Salem and look for some herbs she was having difficulty locating. The last thing I want to do it putter around this place all day--

There was a knock at her office door. Erywin set the can down and went to open it. "Yes?" she asked before discovering two girls standing on the other side. She thought for a moment, placing faces to names. "Right. Cromwell; Neilson." She smiled. "Come in, please." Once the girls were inside she shut the door and asked, "What brings you to grace my presence this morning?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:58 am

Evangelina looked over at Emma to see if she was going to tell Professor Sladen why they were there, but when she didn't, Lina quickly explained. "um, well, last night we were talking and some how got on the topic of academics, and, well..." Lina slightly trialled off a bit and started to look towards the ground, "well, we aren't doing well in potions and we were wondering if you can help us improve."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 56

Post  Erywin Sladen Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Erywin looked the girls over. "Cromwell . . . I remember your parents," she said softly. "Father was never much for potions, but your mother worked her butt off. 'Course, she was interested in healing potions . . ."

She smiled and turned to Emma. "Neilson. I remember your father: he almost blew up a lab one day. Wasn't his finest hour, let me say . . ." She tapped her desk. "I wouldn't worry about that, though; the potion's apple usually misses a generation. I know it missed your father--

"so you're looking for tutoring?" Erywin rubbed her chin. "Are you hoping for a little one-on-one from me, or perhaps someone from my Advanced Potions class?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:43 pm