The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Discussion Under the Pines

Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 56

Discussion Under the Pines Empty Discussion Under the Pines

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 am

It had become a rare day: she'd finished her work early, no students had shown in a vain attempt to not destroy her lab; she's convinced Helena to take a group of students into Dunwich--thereby giving her an opportunity to shop, find a present for Erywin's upcoming birthday and, perhaps, enjoy herself for just a little while.

She'd be certain to checked for cursed students when they returned, however.

But now ... oh, she always loved it when a prefect came and told her someone from another coven wanted to speak. Normally that meant the person in question wanted to speak frankly about feelings that were confusing them--

Only this time, given the couple requesting an audience, she thought the discussion was going to be something completely different.

Erywin stood at the edge of the grove, spotting her couple approaching from across the Meadow. She wondered if they'd be a bit shocked by her appearance. Erywin knew quite well most student thought her a bit eccentric--or perverted, depending upon the student opining--and she actually enjoyed playing up the stereotype of the somewhat over- sexualized older woman.

Here, today ... well, a short skirt and high heels weren't going to cut it today, lovey. An ensemble of a cream-colored sweater under her navy hooded jacket and a pair of dark knit hiking pants and black hiking boots, while very comfortable, wasn't something she known for wearing. Oh, it's always difficult to meet everyone's expectations--

Her guest stopped before her, looking about. She touched them on opposite shoulders. "I'm glad you could come," she said, her tone relaxed and comfortable. "Come inside the grove; there's a place we can talk--"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Discussion Under the Pines Empty Re: Discussion Under the Pines

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 am

Kerry's total knowledge of Perquat’s Grove came as Emma and he were zipping by a few weeks ago on their way to the confrontation at the quidditch stadium. But as they walked into it, he saw how peaceful it was here. The pines kept out the breeze and muffled extemporaneousness sounds, and as they found themselves going deeper into the grove, the more quiet it grew. And with the lack of breeze, it actually felt warmer here. It was like being underground, only . . . not.

Maybe 10 meters back from the edge of the grove was a small clearing. As they entered the clearing they found two benches, one facing towards the northwest, the other directly across. The path continued deeper into the grove, but Kerry knew this was where they would hold their conversation.

Erywin stopped and directed Annie and him to one of the benchs; after they sat she chose the bench across from them. She crossed her legs and looked as if she wanted to say something--
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Annie took in the splendid beauty of the forest surrounding them. She was completely in her element, and made a mental note to hike out here again with Kerry to explore the grove further before the weather turned too cold.

Smoothing her skirt under her, Annie took a seat next to Kerry. The day had taken an emotional turn for her, and now they were here, with their potions mistress, to ask really tough questions. She glanced up at Kerry and pure desire washed over her. She pulled that feeling in, letting it reside within the depths of her very being.

When she finally turned her attention back to Professor Sladen, she realized something might be on her mind. Smiling warmly, she said, "Thank you for seeing us on such short notice, Professor."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 pm

"It's quite all right, Annie." Erywin smiled in a way that few people ever saw outside a classroom. "I have a bit of experience helping where I can, and this is one of those ways.

"Now, before we start, I have two rules." She leaned forward, trying to establish a personal connection. "One: I expect us to have an open and frank discussion. I hear a lot of things, and I doubt that you are going to say anything that would shock me--" She gave a quick shrug, saying, "Well, maybe one or two things, but I don't expect you'll say those today ... anyway ... I listen to people, and if you want my advice, I need to hear everything. Good, bad, otherwise--even if it's about me--don't hold back.

"And two: everything said here stays between us. I know you wanted to speak to a Coven Leader, but ..." She looked at Kerry, then to Annie, making no comment about how they were sitting with each other. "I think your issue has less to do with the coven and more to do with something personal. As such, I see this as more of a counseling session--and that means it carries full confidentiality. That also means that anything I say to you about ..." Erywin made a twirling motion with one hand. "Anyone at the school, staff or otherwise, doesn't get passed along."

She nodded. Erywin knew there was no need to ask if they understood: besides, she saw they were in the mood to talk. "Okay, that's out of the way." She sat back, throwing one arm over the bench back as she crossed her legs. "Please, tell me what's on your minds."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Annie glanced once again at Kerry and took a deep breath. "You're right, Professor. The reason we wanted to meet with you has nothing to do with the coven." She crossed her own legs and placed one hand under her thigh.

"Yesterday, Professor Douglas invited Kerry and I into the advanced charms class. We accepted and went to ask Professor Semplen about a space in the coven dungeons to study in. While we were down there, he mentioned something that made me a lot uncomfortable...." Annie continued until the entire story tumbled from her mouth. When she finished, she had poured her entire heart out. Her fears, her doubts...her desires.

Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Erywin sat, listening, taking in all of Annie's story. Feeling the emotions pouring from the girl was easy; it was there, her heart and soul. She watched Kerry's reactions as Annie spoke, and not only was there concern, she saw awareness emerging. She thought about what Wednesday said Thursday night, and had to concur--she was making the right decision.

She waited to see if Kerry was going to add anything; when he looked up in her direction, Erywin knew she was up next. "I do feel your concerned, Annie. Oh, believe me--" She chuckled softly. "I've felt that sting you felt. It's not easy--particularly when you've been a good girl all your life and suddenly it feels like someone is questioning your honor.

"Now, a little something to share--" Erywin swung her arm off the back of the bench; now was not the time to look like you were down to the pub discussing the evening telly. "Of the five Coven Leaders only two have children--and of those two, only one is married." She knew there was no need to elaborate on that last. "Headmistress Laventure loves having a 'father figure' in the covens; we're such a matriarchal society here that we often forget how we sometimes appear like a bunch of overbearing mothers to the boys.

"Sometimes, however, Holoc--dear man that he is--he can come across very gruff. He's a bit too fatherly at times, and that's been something he's worked at tempering over the years. He's much better now than when he first arrived, but there is still room for improvement.

"Now, in his defense--" Again Erywin leaned forward. "Holoc is very sure when it comes to his decisions. Yes is yes and no is no, and he stands by both to the death. While his statement stung, Annie, if Holoc thought for even a millisecond he was going to have an issue with you and Kerry, he wouldn't have given you your own space. Not down there--and damn sure not with a door I'm assuming you can lock." She saw Kerry nod.

"And one other thing--" Erywin's voice dropped perceptibly. "Holoc left last night to visit his wife. Now, he's done that before, but, in the past when he's left on a moment's notice--and without a owl from home--it's usually an indication that ... something bothered him. He's a darling wife and lovely daughter, and he leans on them for strength when it's required." Erywin sat up straight, her voice level becoming normal once more. "I wouldn't be surprised to find out he felt bad about something that happened--something that involved you both."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Kerry nodding, having reasoned much along the same lines. "But, what about what Professor Douglas said?" He wanted to see if he could get some kind of conformation either way from Professor Sladen. "That instructors are 'watching us'. What did she mean by that?"
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Erywin turned a serious eye upon the couple. "We're always watching, Kerry. I'm watching you; Helena is watching you; Wednesday is watching; Holoc is watching ... Jessica and Harpreet and Vickie are damn sure watching you, Kerry." She smiled as he jumped, acting as if he couldn't imagine being in someone's scope.

"There are three types of people who comes to Salem. You have the student who arrives and goes through the motions: I go to class; I do my lesson; I learn magic; I hang out; I go home after 7 years--" Erywin slowly clapped her hands. "Bravo: you're a magical type person. Enjoy the rest of your life.

"Then you have the type who come here, pissing and moaning about having to learn, and the whole 7 years is nothing but a struggle between fucking off and not getting caught ... and in the end they graduate and wonder why they don't get more respect from the wizards and witches around them--" She waved off something unseen. "Otherwise known as every bureaucratic in the Ministry of Magic.

"And lastly you have those students who arrive and set out--" She made a motion like something was lifting into the sky. "To find out who they are. They already know they're a witch or wizard--otherwise they wouldn't be here. But who are they? What do they want? What do they need? And, most importantly: where are they going? What will they become?"

Smiling, she interlaced her fingers and rested her chin upon them. "That's what I look for, and every other instructor I mentioned is looking for the same thing. We're looking for the exceptional. Because, as a teacher--" Erywin shrugged. "What's the point to this if all I turn out are the bored and the pissed off?"

She again sat back and crossed her legs. "Anyone watching you does so because they see something they like. I saw it the first day in Potions; Wednesday's seen it. I know Helena sees it as well, Annie," she said, nodding in her direction. "What they are not watching is whether you're snogging on the sofa in the Madness or not, because, frankly ... who cares?" She gave a coy smile. "I could be off doing my own snogging; I don't need to watch you both."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Annie took her time thinking about what Professor Sladen just said. It makes sense they would be paying more attention to us because of our performance in the classroom. And I'm even more positive now that Professor Semplen was only looking after my well being because of his own family.

She wondered what his daughter might be like and if her own romance with Kerry was something he saw reflected in his own daughter's eyes. Maybe, she thought, gazing at Kerry. If that's the case, I hope she's found someone like him.

She smiled brightly, the relief falling over her and clearing away all of her worries and frustrations. She was free to just be, and she was going to do just that.

"Thank you, Professor. It was a very difficult thing to understand, but I think you have managed to make it much simpler than I ever was." She looked at Kerry once again. "I think I confused Kerry more than I intended."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Kerry nodded while looking at Annie, then turned to Professor Sladen. "I'm be honest: I didn't know what to do. I'm not . . ." He felt embarrassed to make the next statement. "I've never had a girlfriend before Annie, and it's hard to know what to do, Professor. All I knew was Annie wasn't--right. I thought talking to you might help, because we--"

He sighed. "I don't know what I wanted to do. But I thought you could understand, and help Annie."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:40 pm

There was something about Kerry's awkwardness that touched Erywin. He was concerned about me in Dark Arts as well, she thought. "I'm going to venture that you're feeling very ... connect to Annie, Kerry. I can see it on your face. It hurt you to know she was hurt, even though she didn't say it--didn't it?" He nodded slowly, agreeing.

Erywin moved from her bench and slid next to them. "Look, you two," she started, leaning in close to them, "around her it's not the instructors you need worry about--it's the students. They're the ones that bring the most grief. They get pissed off and before you know it, they're hunting down a prefect or a teacher and it's, 'Oh, look! Kerry and Annie are making out!'. Which is childish bullshit, but then ... there are more than a few children here.

"I know I said something in class, and for certain Jessica did--and I know Wednesday did ... but it's not because they're concerned you're going to break out in kisses in the back of the classroom. It's because we need your mind on the work. Since I began teaching here I've sent 3 dozen students to the hospital because of accidents; mixing potions can turn bad on you in an instance if you're not on your game. The same with charms--and as far as transfiguring? You don't want to loose concentration at the wrong moment there.

"But outside class ... I'm not saying you can stand in the hall and feel each other up after Potions is out, but I don't give two shits if you share a hug and kiss afterwards. And most of the instructors are that way, because in this environment, that's going to happen--and there's little we can do to stop it. I mean--" She lifted her hands and indicated the clearing around them. "Do you think we can be everywhere? Watch everything? It would not only drive the students nuts, it would drive the instructors nuts."

Erywin stood and straightened her clothing. "I normally handle LGBT, but love is love, and that's not something you classify as straight or gay--it's human nature. Should you feel the need to talk about anything that you don't feel comfortable speaking to Holoc about, please--you can come to me." She chuckled. "Of course it might be something that you need to speak to Coraline about, but that's something to be considered after we speak."

Sticking her hands deep in her jacket pockets, she said, "I wish I had more 1st Years like you who didn't think affection was hickies and how far down one's throat the other could stick their tongue. If there is ever an issue with your ... romance, you'll know because it'll be addressed direction. No innuendo or veiled messages: you'll be told straight up." She winked. "But put that out of your mind for now; it's not a problem."

Erywin turned and looked down the path. "It's a lovely day, don't you think?" She turned to them and said, "I'll see you in the Madness--and you better be there." Giggling, Erywin headed down the path back to the meadow and the school.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Annie watched their professor disappear down the path and out of sight. When she was gone, Annie turned back to Kerry. She ran a finger over his cheek, caressing him. "Thank you, Kerry." She leaned in closer, pressing her lips gently to his. As she pulled back a bit, she wondered what he was thinking.

"I know this has been hard on you. And I know I've asked...and don't really deserve for you to give it to me that easily," Annie once again searched his eyes, hoping they still burned for her. "Do you forgive me, Kerry."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Kerry moved closer, and for the first time he felt his breath catching in his throat. He leaned in, closer to annie's neck, and touched his lips to the tender spot right behind her right ear. As he kissed her his right hand dropped to her leg, gently pressing against her thigh just as he had in the Madness from time to time.

He kissed her softly, feeling Annie move. He wanted to touch her . . . make her feel happy with him. Always feel happy.

Forever.

"You're always forgiven," he said softly. "Always, Annie. Always."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Annie set her restrained desire free, allowing it to rip through her entire body as Kerry explored her with his feathery kisses. A soft breathy moan escaped her as she moved under him; uncrossing her legs, she pulled her hips closer to him, and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Kerry..." Her lips searched for his, yearning for him with an urgency that alarmed her. She parted her lips and let her tongue explore his taste.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Kerry fell into Annie, on top of her, between her . . . he was aware of their closeness, their positions. He didn't care; he kissed her as much as he could bring his feelings into it, locking his mouth with hers.

He was only vaguely aware they'd stopped speaking: there were only soft moans and their slightly labored breathing. Kerry's mind was going in all sorts of directions; her smell in his nose, her body under him, her legs . . . he was touching Annie, one arm under her head and the other . . . he knew it was her leg, but where, how high--it didn't matter.

When Kerry finally came up for air he realized his hand was under Annie's skirt and he was lightly rubbing her hip. Not only that, but . . . there was something . . . he felt so . . . it was like everything was centering within his torso. He caught his breath. "Oh, Annie," he whispered, "I never--it's . . .."

He lay against her on the bench, the cool October air so still and quiet in the pines. "I love you. I'll always want you."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Annie wasn't quite sure what just happened between them, but she snuggled underneath him in the stillness of the clearing...fully aware that she needed to give him the space to recover.

"You'll have me," she whispered--a secret shared by just the two of them. "Eventually."

Last edited by Annie Krum on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Kerry held onto Annie there on the bench, never wanting to let her go. "I already have you," he whispered. "One of these days, you'll get me." He smiled and kissed her neck.

He didn't have to think about what had just occurred. He was pretty sure he understood that, if only for a few seconds there, Annie had brought out something in him that had ever existed before that moment--

And, in time, it would grow stronger and stronger.

What was it Professor Sladen said? You have students setting out to find out what will they become-- There was no question of Kerry not knowing what he was going to become . . ..

Part of what he was going to become was right here, in front of him, resting against him.

She would always be there.

Always.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:05 pm

She grinned and gazed up at the sky, aware of his body in a way she had never experienced before. His frame pinned her to the bench—and she submitted in compete surrender to his will. Every part of her was screaming out for him...

"I already know that, Kerry,” she whispered back, turning her head sideways as he continued to explore her with his lips. “But it's not destined to happen right here in this grove with the trees as our witnesses."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Kerry was about to say "I know" when the strangest thing happen . . ..

Annie was still beneath him, but there were differences: her hair was longer and covered with a wool cap; her face seemed--filled out, older, and yet still youthful. And when she looked at him, her smile was so radiant . . ..

"Just think," she said, whispering, her voice so smooth and filled with passion, "In another 9 months we'll have more than a bench--"

And just like that she was back. The Annie with him--now.

"I know," he said, turning so he could rest against her. "But right now . . . it's so perfect here. Just us--alone." He looked up and smiled. "And the trees." He nuzzled into her and sighed content.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Annie raised her left leg, bringing her knee up and leaning it against Kerry's body; her vision of the day they would finally explore their aloneness bubbling to the surface of her mind. She tugged at one of the strings on his hooded pullover as the now familiar fire began to spread throughout her body once again.

Annie struggled to contain herself, before she wound up making things too difficult for him. “I know you might not understand everything yet,” she ran her fingers over his and sighed, “and I’ve had a lot of help from Professor Arrakis…

“Kerry, I have already seen a lot of where we are headed and I don’t want to push us into a place we aren’t supposed to go…and I think I may.” She pressed herself to his body, cursing the stretch of time that separated her from him.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:19 pm

There wasn't a lot Kerry could do to reply. He knew Annie had seen things he hadn't--well, he didn't know for sure, but he was certain it had occurred, otherwise why did she see Professor Arrakis the day he was learning to fly the 4500?

He didn't question her wisdom, though. Today he began feeling something he'd never noticed before, and it . . . it was a lot different. He know this wasn't the feeling you got from holding hands or little nibble kissing as they'd been doing since getting here. This was a lot more . . ..

If he had to use a word he'd never used before--it felt "adult".

I loved the feel of Annie against him; since this morning, feeling her like this felt very right, very good. And speaking of feeling: when Annie shifted so did Kerry's hand, and right now, it wasn't resting on her hip . . ..

He slowly moved his hand off her butt and back out from under her skirt. "I know, Annie," he said, smoothing down her skirt and anchoring her with his hand on her thigh. "You've seen a lot more than me, and--" He smiled to show her he wasn't upset. "It's okay. Don't let it bother you." He kissed her on the lips, holding it there, teasing her teeth with his tongue. "Let's just go at the right speed; eventually we'll get to where we're going--

"Like Professor Sladen said, we're here to find out who we are." He snuggled against her hair. "I think we're doing that a lot."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Annie was about to burst, and as much as she wanted him--she knew it would be completely wrong. Not here, Annie...Not yet.

She wriggled free and sat up, fixing her clothing in the process so she wouldn't look too disheveled. "I think we should do something before we end up..." she gazed at Kerry, still sprawled out on his side behind her on the bench. "You know."

She giggled and stood up, holding out her hand for him to join her. "I'm positive we'll be back here before we know it."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Kerry stood, letting her pull him to his feat. "Well, if we want to be seen in public," he said, "we can always wander over to the quidditch stadium--I think they have practice."

He began walking down the path towards Selena's Meadow. "Besides, I know nothing about the game and I'm dating the daughter of one of it's biggest stars." He put his arm around Annie and they walked slowly together out of the pines. "We can sit in the coven box and you can show me all the things they're doing wrong . . .."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm