The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges

Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Character Age : 25

The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 Empty Re: The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges

Post  Harold Napper Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 am

Though he'd told her to bring it, Harold was really beginning to worry he had more than he could handle. Evangelina wasn't like the other two girls he'd been helping, who seemed more interested in how good they looked when they were dueling. This one....

She just wants to beat you.

And then she kicked off Silencio, and Harold did not want to be hit by that. He had one shot, and he took it. "Protego!" he cried with just a hit of desperation.

Effect:
    Harold Napper carried out 1 launched of one The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Attack:
    Harold Napper carried out 1 launched of one The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 Empty Re: The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges

Post  Harold Napper Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 am

And that was that... Harold felt the spell his and instantly his voice was--snap!--gone. If this were a real duel you'd have lost, sucka, he thought.

He started waving, then pointed to his throat to indicate he couldn't speak. Harold patted Evangelina on the shoulder, smiled, then sat against the wall where he could wait out the spell's end....
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 pm

And as we wait for Silent Sammy to get his voice back, time for a spell rundown

Lina has done:

Spell Number of tries Number of successes (90+)Number of base tries left Successes remaining
    Relashio43 (2)1*
    Silencio21 (1)32
    Expelliarmus1055
    Impedimenta1 055

* = Knows it; no further Effects Roll needed.

And Harold:

Spell Number of tries Number of successes (90+)Number of base tries left Successes remaining
    Impedimenta1 055
    Protego2 1 4 4
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Since Harold was unable to talk, Lina decided that it was time to take a break. She put her wand away and shuffled over to where Harold was and sat beside him. As if it materialized out of no where, Lina was able to produce four, somewhat thin books: a French comprehension book, two books that happen to be in Japanese, and a comic book called Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. She placed the books between them as she picked up one of the Japanese books, and flipped it open to a page.

She looked up at him with doe-like eyes, "It takes about 30 minutes until the Silencing Charm fades right? Mind as well read in the meantime." She gave him a slight smile, "I'm not really good at talking to people, so that's why I carry books with me." She pushed the mini pile of books towards him, "you can read any of them if you like."
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Harold looked at the books. He couldn't read Japanese, he wasn't interested in French and he'd seen the Scott Pilgrim movie when it was out and it'd sucked. So he smiled and shrugged, pushing the books back, hoping that Lina didn't get the idea that he wasn't interested, but that there wasn't anything to his liking.

There was something that bothered him, though. The way she looked at him when she passed him the books....

The moment he got his voice back the first thing he asked the reading Lina, was, "Don't take this the wrong way, but were you... hitting on me when you passed me your books?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Lina was concentrating on her book, that when Harold spoke up, she jolted a little. She looked up at him in confusion and a bit of naivety. She completely didn't understand what Harold meant, so she she asked, "What do you mean?" she asked it with complete honesty. "I didn't hit you when I passed you the books, but if I did I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it!" she finished her apology softly and innocently.
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Laughing a little, Harold said, "It was the way you looked when you passed them over..." He pointed around her somewhat almond-shaped eyes. "They sort of opened up a little and..." He tried to mimic the look but instead ended up doing a bad Marty Feldman imitation.

"Anyway, it was kind of cute." He leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "No harm."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Lina still didn't know what he was talking about, but figured it must have been a "boy thing" that her father talked about whenever he did attempted to make her mother smile. Deciding it was best to drop the subject, she nodded.

The two sat in silence for a few seconds before Lina decided to talk again, "So, um, where are you from? The States or somewhere else?"
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:06 pm

"Nice subject change; I like that." Harold nodded along, as if he were listening to a beat in his head. "I'm live in the States, down in Virginia. Just outside Washington D.C., actually." He hesitated just a moment before launching onward. "And what about you? I can hear a bit of an accent, so... where from?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:28 pm

She giggled a bit, "I guess it only a matter of opinion about which one of us has an accent and who doesn't , but I'm from Vancouver, Canada, not to be confused with Vancouver, Washington." Lina smiled at her own lame joke, knowing that if you're not familiar with the west coast of the States, or even the Washington area, you wouldn't know about the small city of Vancouver, Washington.

Lina smiled at the thought of her family and she started to play with her, "However, we do speak Japanese a lot at home."
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Harold nodded. "I know there's a lot of Asians there from the East Pac Rim. I knew you had a lot of Chinese from Hong Kong, but I didn't know there were a lot of Japanese in Vancouver."

He put his hands behind his head and scooted down the wall a bit. "I've only been out of the country once, and that was to Europe. I think my parents wanted to send me to school there--" He stuck out his tongue for a second before going on, "but I didn't want that."

Crossing his legs, Harold told Lina, "There's three schools in the US, why send me to some musty old castle in Europe?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:17 am

"You'll be surprised at what's in Canada." she said, giving him a kind smile.

She pulled her legs up to her chest. She listen to Harold when he talked about being outside of the States once, and his parents wanting to send him overseas for school. It kind of reminded her of her parents sending her away to the States for school other than staying in her homeland, "Just so you know, it's just my opinion, but maybe you're parents just wanted send you to the school they thought was best for you." She pulled her legs closer to her, "I know my parents thought about sending me to a school in Japan, and even letting me stay in Canada. However, in the end, they sent me this school, which is the school they went to."

Looking over her shoulder to look at him she said, "I didn't like the idea at first, because, other than visiting family in Nevada and various family vacations on the west coast, I didn't know anything about America, or know anyone that would be going here. I do have to say, I'm really glad I came to school. I've met so many new people, and made several friends. I even got the chance to practice dueling with an older student, which is something I've never heard of unless they're in the dueling club."
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:27 am

"Oh, well--the dueling." Harold stared off into space; the expression on his face wasn't one of amusement. "Yeah, it's a special day: Death Comes to the Institute." He looked at his feet, shaking his head. "I hate this. I don't know why we have to put up with these, these . . . idiot assclowns."

He looked away for a moment. When he turned back, still staring straight ahead, his face looked as if it'd been carved from granite. "I lost an uncle, and one of my grandmothers, in the War. I've only heard stories about them, but... I'll never know them." He sniffed a little bit as he became emotional. "All because some dick thought he was going to rule all the wizards and control Muggles."

Turning to Lina, Harold looked like he might break at any moment. "I don't know why they don't just kill these people. All of them. Just get it over with and leave us alone."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:02 am

Lina stayed quiet and reserved. She really didn't know how to respond to him, after all, her parents never talked about the war, even though she had an inkling that they might have, especially since her mother was a Muggle-born.

At the sight of him about to cry, Lina did the only thing that she could think of, Lina got on her knees and hugged Harold. "I don't know of anyone personally that was lost in the War; none that my parents are willing to talk about," she said softly. "And from what I've remember, the Dark Lord wanted to purge the Wizard world of Muggle-borns and half-bloods, which meant that my mom was in danger of being killed. I'm also not a pureblood, so I'm in danger of being killed if I'm ever caught by them." She paused thinking of what to say, "There's always going to be people like the Dark Lord, whether they followed him originally or not, so even if all of the Death Eaters were killed or put in Azkaban, there will be others to replace them." Lina pulled away from him and looked at him, "and that's why we're here to stop them."
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:08 am

Harold was a little take back by Lina's hug. He knew he was about to lose it, but when Lina wrapped her arms around him he suddenly chilled and kind of returned to normal. It didn't mean he didn't like it, though--even if she was a 1st Year.

He patted her on the back as she pulled away saying, "Yeah, that's why we're here." His laugh was short and, even with the tension, infused with a touch of humor. "Although here in the US we got Stormcage. It's suppose to be as bad as Azkaban; I heard it's inside a mountain." He smiled now, relaxed. "I'm not much of a dueler, but I'm not gonna let any Death Eaters get anyone." Harold touched the tip of Lina's nose. "I don't think you'll let any get through, either."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:34 am

Lina smirked and scrunched her nose right after Harold touched it. The action reminded her of her father when he acted silly. Nevertheless, Lina attempted to keep the conversation going...before she noticed something.

There was a movement on the other side of Harold, that slightly bothered her. Lina squinted her eyes to see what exactly that was...and froze. The color on her face drained as her facial expressions changed just as quickly to something that was acute to fear. As fast as she could she scrambled away and gave a slight shriek. On the other of Harold was a tiny, a very tiny, spider.
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 am

It didn't take but a moment for Harold to pick up on Evangelina's fear. He looked around, wondering if something was in the room that he hadn't seen enter.

"What's the matter, Evangelina?" he asked. "You look like you've seen a ghost."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:03 am

Lina pointed over at the spider on the other side of Harold. She didn't allow herself to take her eyes off of the arachnid. She kept that fearful expression on her face, and actually looked so scared that she was about the cry. Trembling, her voice cracked as she attempted to say what had spooked her, "s-sp-ssp-ssppi-spider!"

Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 am

Harold looked to where Evangelina was pointing and almost laughed. He reached out and flicked the spider away to the cornet of the room, while at the same time pulling the quivering girl closer to him.

"Wow, Evangelina," he said, this time chuckling, "I guess we don't have to wonder what your boggart form is gonna take, yeah?" He considered giving her hair a playful tousle, but decided against it. "So, as long as the Death Eaters don't come at us with acromantula you'll be okay." He continued to hold her close for no reason other than to reassure the girl. "I think you'll need to work on that in Dark Arts when the time comes."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:15 am

Although she did find him hugging her comforting, she was mad that he had laughed at her fear of spiders. "Okashikunee yo!!" she yelled. Lina pushed against him, easily breaking free. Her eyes were narrowed and glared at him. "The last time I got bit by a spider, I ended up getting really sick! Besides, you shouldn't underestimate spiders, even the smallest spiders can be deadly."

She stood up and started to walk to the other side of the room. She turned around to face him and said, "Come on, we still have time to practice. Let's go for round 2!"

(OOC: "Okashikunee yo" means "It's not funny," but in a sense that it sound's rough, similar to "it's not f**ing funny!")
    Harold Napper
    Harold Napper
    3rd Year Student
    3rd Year Student

Post  Harold Napper Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 am

Getting to his feet, Harold waved his hands back and forth like he was trying to keep something from hitting him. "Okay, okay!" His face was 9/10th mad grin and 1/10 playful mischievousness. "Didn't realize it was a touchy spot there."

Chuckling as Lina stormed to the other side of the room, he said, "I should let you know that if you do get bit here, Nurse Coraline can fix you up--" And suddenly he flicked his wand out, shouting, "Langlock!"

Effect:

Attack:
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Lina wasn't prepared for an attack straight away. He didn't even give any inkling for attack; now hint or anything. Lina did the only thing that she could think of and that was to protect herself from suffering the effects of the attack.

"Protego!" she shouted.

See Below:
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:10 pm

(OOC: DAMN!!! THE DICE DIDN'T WORK!!!)

EFFECT:
    Evangelina Cromwell carried out 1 launched of one The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :
    Evangelina Cromwell carried out 1 launched of one The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 20 (D20.) :

ATTACK:
    Evangelina Cromwell carried out 1 launched of one The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :
    Evangelina Cromwell carried out 1 launched of one The Watanabe-Cromwell Legacy Emerges   - Page 2 20 (D20.) :
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 am

Lina tried to keep her shield up. She was puched back several inches back, but she couldn't keep up keep it up much longer. Come on, Lina, you can do it.
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 am

scratch

Seeing as how Harold didn't get his effect off, I think you beat his attack, Lina.

Carry on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:34 am