The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+7
Deanna Arrakis
Raven Whitefeather
Kerry Malibey
Annie Krum
Anna Krolence
Evangelina Cromwell
Mathilde Laventure
11 posters

All Institute Anouncment

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

All Institute Anouncment - Page 2 Empty Re: All Institute Anouncment

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Kerry half turned Annie in his arms. "Ahm--" He wasn't sure how this was going to go, given Annie has been with him almost non-stop except for sleeping and the bathroom, but he had to do it.

"I'm going to volunteer." When she didn't say anything immediately--or look like she was going to faint--he continued. "I'm going to help with spotting. I think . . ." He rolled his eyes up as he shrugged. "I think if I'm in the air I'm going to be a lot safer than in the tower. And I can help."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 pm

“I can too, though I won’t be much use flying.” Annie remembered how sore she was after less than an hour in the air.

“Kerry, I…” She was having a hard time meeting his gaze; the unknown stretched out before her and she realized that tomorrow was promised to neither of them. She took a deep breath and tried once more. “I think you’re right about being useful… and I think it is necessary that you do what you feel you must.” She forced a smile.

“I’ll be okay with whatever you’ve decided,” she added, her heart breaking with each strained word.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Before he stood he took Annie and kissed her. In front of everyone. He didn't care, and he didn't think anyone was interested in handing out detention right about now.

He held her a long time and when he let her go he know this was the only way he could, this moment, protect her. Not just the school, but Annie. That, this very moment, was the most important thing to him.

He looked into her eyes and whispered, "Go to Coraline. She did that move in dueling the other day . . . I think she knows how to handle herself if something happens." He touched Annie's half-parted lips. "Maybe while you're waiting she can show you something."

Stepping away, Kerry said it aloud: "Love you, Annie Krum." Then he turned and headed over to join the other fliers.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Annie was numb as she watched him leave. "I love you too, Kerry Malibey," she whispered, gathering her courage from her visions of the lake house.

We are going to be alright. She stood and joined the crowd around Nurse Coraline.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 am

As soon as Arrakis was finished speaking, the three Whitefeather boys held back Raven as she attempted to stand up to volunteer. "Let go!" she demanded, but to ail, "I want ta help!"

"Lyn, ya have ta understand, this ain't your fight," Kelly began, attempting to be as gentle as he can. The last thing he ever wanted to hear was that one of his siblings was injured or even killed. He completely understood what needed to be done, and what could potentially happen. He, however, didn't feel that it was his place to convince Cameron to not volunteer, since Kelly was junior by two years, and he knew for a fact that Leigh was better on a broom than he was. Kelly knew that those two wouldn't listen to him anyway, but he would be damned if Raven decided to join. "Please understand, if anythin, understand that we have ta do this."

"Like Hell you do!" she counteracted. She knew where this was going and she didn't like it. "Why are all ya'll tryin to tell me I can't help? I might not know much magic, and I might not be the best on a broom, but I can help!"

The boys all looked each other for several seconds; all three of them were thinking just about the same thing: they're own lives didn't matter, just as long as their sister was safe. Cameron sighed before kneeling down to be on the same height level as Raven, "Rae, do you know why Leigh and I decided to even tryout for the Quiddich team? Better yet, do you even know why Kelly didn't?" Once he saw his sister shake her head, and she gave the obvious answer to the first question, he gave her a stressed smile, "it was all because of Kishna."

He didn't give her the chance to say anything, "She is very aware that the entire Whitefeather clan can't live without Quiddich," he joked, but his smile soon faded, "but she is very good at recognizing where a student's interest and talent lie. She might-" he paused for a second,"will prod and provoke you until you break, but without that," he looked at Leigh, then quickly at Kelly, "we were best suited on the field."

"And that I'm really talented in duelin." Kelly added.

"From what we heard," Leigh finally said, as he also knelled down in front of Raven, "you're a whole lot better than the three of us ever were in Transfigurations. It took Cam and Kel four times before that damn bean turned into a beetle, but I failed. Needless to say, Kishna was pissed, but she did help me practice and I ended up with an E."

Knowing that their time was running out, Cameron spoke up for the three of them as the stood up again, pulling Raven up as well, "We owe a lot to her." He paused again, looking over at Kishna, before he faced Raven, "There's a lot you might not know about her, but there is a reason why she was chosen to lead a team into Hogwarts." With that said, he pulled his sister into an embrace, "if you really want to help out, learn some charms to help protect the rest of the coven."

As soon as Cameron had said that, Leigh and Kelly joined in embracing their younger sibling. "It ain't like we're goin over to Hogwarts," Kelly assured her, feeling as though he was lying to her, "we'll be here, helpin to keep everyone safe."

Raven accepted their words and explanation with no questions asked. The boys pulled away, Cameron smiling, "Don't worry, we'll be safe." The three of them turned around and started to walk towards their respected areas; Leigh and Cameron with Saloman, while Kelly walked over towards Chai.

Standing with the rest of her coven, Raven watched proudly as her brothers took ranks within their respected areas. She wanted to fight and help, regardless if she knew a lot or not, but she took up on Cameron's suggestion and train up to be able to hold her own and help defend her coven mates.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:47 am

When Madam Chai announced for all dueling teams to follow her, Lina stood to line up with them, but she didn't get very far. As soon as she stood and started to walk over, someone grabbed her wrist. "Not so fast, Cromwell," the voice said, obviously a girl's voice, "I'm afraid I can't allow you to join us yet." When Lina turned around, she saw a girl with black hair and blue eyes staring at her. The girl, as Lina saw her jacket, was a fourth year from her own coven.

Lina was about to say something before the girl silenced her, "I can't allow you to join us because you're not a Valkyrie yet." She clarified. "I'm sure you're a prodigy, I mean, you are their daughter, but you haven't mastered anything yet." The girl leaned forward to whisper, "However, Madam wouldn't mind someone like you if you mastered more complex hexes." The girl gave Lina a quick peck on the cheek as she stood up straight and winked at her before she went to join Madam Chai's group.

Lina rubbed her cheek and was dumbfounded by who that girl was and how she knew who she was, I guess I should just get used to that, I guess.
    Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Character Age : 50

Post  Mathilde Laventure Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Later that afternoon . . . 5:03 PM

Mathilde stood off to the side, near the east entrance, watching everyone file in. She saw a few instructors walk in and take their place with various covens--though some were noticeably in their absence. One can only hope after this meeting the news will be better, she thought.

She saw two students walk in, one looking as though he'd just come from the hospital, the other clinging to him as if to a life raft. Mathilde smiled: she suspected she knew these two, but up to now only by dinner reputation. There were many things Mathilde wanted to do. Getting to know her students better was one. But there is more I need to do tonight, she thought, and it was a task in which she found no enjoyment.

It was obvious nearly everyone was here. As soon as all were in their seats, she would make her remakes and then continue with the day--
    Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Character Age : 50

Post  Mathilde Laventure Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 pm

As happened this morning everyone was in their seats and waiting to hear her speak. As Mathilde once more ascended the podium, a hush fell over the Dinner Hall. Mathilde closed her eyes, thinking of all she’d seen and done today and imagining what the people here had done. She’d already heard stories; she was certain before the week was out she’d hear more.

With everyone ready she spoke:

“Today has been one of extremes. There has been victory and defeat, joy and sorrow, fear and courage. Each of you—those who traveled across the ocean and those who remained here—have faced a challenge and emerged better for it.

“The threat has been vanquished. In what appears to have been a last-gasp effort, there were terror attacks at numerous schools: not just at Hogwarts and here, but at other schools. And while there were casualties, in the end our forces were victorious. Even now, the students from Hogwarts are returning to London; aurors in the UK are finalizing their operation as aurors from Boston are in Dunwich doing the same.

“But…” She halted for a moment, thinking of what she needed to say next, “there were casualties. Students and instructors both died at Hogwarts and Hogsmead. We have seen five of our best and brightest—two at Hogwarts and three who defended this school—slip from this world into the next, and even now our Head Nurse is working with others to save the life of Madeline Palmescoff.

“Even so, we must remember: this fight may be the last. Though the Death Eaters were able to coordination in a way not seen in a decade, they now appear broken. We will know more in the days to come, but it may be that you sitting together, tonight, may never again suffer from the insanity of these… these people again.” Mathilde smiled for the first time since the news of the attacks broke. “We can hope that, finally, the nightmare that has wracked our world for the last 40 years at an end.”

Glancing around the room, Mathilde saw the faces of her students and her instructors, all looking to her for guidance, and, even more so than this morning, she felt an immense swelling of pride. “A few more things and I will allow you to go about your business. First: the emergency is over. The Ministry aurors assure me the last of the Death Eaters in the area have been—“ Her smirk was particularly sarcastic, “neutralized. As such, we have lowered the shield charm, though other protections remain in place. In the days to come we will strengthen it; even the minor breach we suffered is unacceptable.

“Two: classes for tomorrow are canceled, and I am declaring a Day of Remembrance for our fallen witches and wizards. Here we do not morn—we remember the gallantry those who chose to defend our way of life showed. Tomorrow their memorials will be enshrined in the East Hall, the Institute’s Corridor of Remembrance. There will be an announcement prior to this happening.

“And lastly: I have spoken with the elves and they have agreed to allow the Dinning Hall to remain open until Midnight.” Mathilde allowed herself a small chuckle. “After a day of being confined inside close quarters, one not only needs a bit more space, but a chance to see other faces—and enjoy a good meal.”

Mathilde began to step away from the podium, then realized there was something else she wanted to say. “I lead a group of instructors and students from Beauxbatons to Hogsmead and then on to Hogwarts. As we were leaving to return her, one of group—a woman whom was once a classmate—asked, ‘Mathilde, when are you coming back? When are you coming home?’ It is no secret that I from France, that my family is there, that my son is a 2nd Year at Beauxbatons and that my daughter will attend there next year.

“But when I was asked when I am coming home, I did not need to give the question much thought.” Mathilde lightly gripped the sides of the podium. “This is my home, and you are my family. And until I step down as your headmistress, both shall remain so.” She looked out upon all those who had done so much for her today—and done so without question—and Mathilde said, in parting, “Mes sorcières et mes sorciers, chacun de vous faites mon coeur chanter avec la joie.”

And then she stepped from the podium, smiled and raised her voice. “The darkness is over,” she called. “Rejoice, for you have made Salem proud.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 pm