The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

4 posters

In Search of a Broom

Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

In Search of a Broom - Page 3 Empty Re: In Search of a Broom

Post  Victoria Salomon Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 am

Oh, now he's worried about Annie, she thought. Victoria couldn't fault him: she well remembered her own 1st Year romance--though there were a number of times when she wished someone would simply charm it the hell out of her brain.

Just then she got a marvelously wicked through. "Well then, Kerry. I have a better idea. It'll let us talk and I can guaranty you, we won't miss Annie." Victoria's eyes twinkled. "Follow me."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 pm

A bit later . . ..

From 30 meters up Annie still looked cute. She came out of Memory's End and started off for the Bastion at a quick pace. In a hurry to come fly with me, Kerry thought. Maybe the broomstick comes to her . . ..

He looked to his right, saw Professor Salomon smiling. It was, after all, her idea to do this, so Kerry wasn't going to feel too bad if Annie jumped. "Are we ready, Professor?" As she nodded they both leaned forward and made their way towards the ground . . ..

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one In Search of a Broom - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 pm

The member 'Kerry Malibey' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'D100' :
    In Search of a Broom - Page 3 D100
    Result : 25
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Stop Rolling!!! I got it; you can FLY!!!

Now let me go torture someone!!!
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:59 pm

He and Professor Salomon pulled up about a meter short of the ground and slid silently into place on either side of Annie. Kerry cleared his throat. "Excuse me?" he said, smiling, "Are you looking for a handsome guy on a broom?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Annie heard a familiar noise overhead; a noise she never expected to hear in the middle of the woods halfway between Memory’s End and the flying pitch. Before she had time to react, she heard a voice speak up from directly above her. A scream escaped her, cut short when she realized whom it was doing the speaking.

“Kerry?” She blinked, staring dumbly up at him hanging a meter off the ground, perched comfortably on…he’s on a 4500...

She noticed their flying instructor had accompanied him. Annie waved up at her, hanging in the air straddling her Firebolt. The pair looked quite cozy—at home on their brooms. Annie smiled up at them.

“Hello, Professor Salomon. It’s a beautiful day for flying, isn’t it?”
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Both Kerry and she slid down next to Annie, then hovered along either side her, pretty much face to face. "Oh, it's been a great day for flying," Victoria said. "I think Kerry's fallen in love with that Nimbus."

Victoria spun around so she was facing Annie on her right side now, and was slowly back peddling the broom--a showy move, but something she could do well. "I was going to take him over to the stadium and let him imagine he's a big-time Quidditch player--" She quickly winked at Annie. "--but he insisted he had to hook up with you, so... here we are."

Motioning to land, both Kerry and Victoria dismounted and gathered up their brooms. "I hope your meeting with Professor Arrakis went well." Victoria lowered her voice slightly. "Did she know we were coming?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Annie giggled. “I think so,” she said. “She told me that I had to take the same path back.”

She stepped closer to Kerry, admiring his broom. “You’re already on the 4500? You must have done some flying back at the pitch. I’m sorry I missed it.”
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Noticing Kerry's face starting to fall just a smidgen, Victoria stepped in. "That's my fault," she said. "Kerry was looking at brooms, I started talking and... I sort of pushed it on him. And convinced him to try it out."

She walked around so she could look on both their faces better. "Kerry pretty good. Nimbus is a good, solid broom, and I'd definitely recommend it over a Cleansweep for him. It's something he can grow into." Victoria checked the sky. "And there's still time to get you up on a broom if you want, Annie. Were you looking to buy one?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 pm

“I already own a Firebolt.” Annie felt her cheeks redden slightly. “It has been collecting dust for three years in my closet.” Annie shrugged.

“I don’t really care all that much for brooms, but I wouldn’t mind learning…just so I can keep up with Kerry.” She smiled and winked at him, her heart fluttering as she thought about him sitting astride his broom.
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah, Annie likes to go fast, Victoria thought, watching the looks and body language when Annie turned her charm on her--well, her young fellow. Yeah, I remember those days when I was the terminally cute Jewish girl on a broom making eyes at the goyim. And it was times like now she had almost forgotten the feeling.

"I've got some Firebolts back in the shed," she said. "Maybe Kerry would like to see how well you can keep up, Annie." She smiled, but decided a wink would be way out of the question.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Annie was shocked their flying instructor offered to start her out on such a fast broom. “I doubt I’ll be able to handle it,” she said, eying the broom in Victoria’s hand.
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Victoria saw the look in Annie's eyes, and knew--knew--she wanted to get on one, but was probably lacking a little something in the confidence area. Not that I would find that surprising; I've played against her dad--and while I don't know Bulgarian, I'm sure he wasn't always imploring them to play better....

"We don't have to start you out on a hyperbroom," she said in a soothing voice. "The 4500 is a great sports broom with excellent performance." She was all smiled. "Try that until you feel confident about moving back up to a Firebolt." She nodded in the direction of the Bastion. "C'mon, we've got plenty back in the Equipment Room."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Annie realized their professor was mistaken, but thought better than to correct her. She probably imagines Papa and I fly everyday back home.

It took all of her resolve to put one foot in front of the other and huff it back to the pitch to suit up and fly.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 pm

As Annie ran off Kerry mounted his broom and prepared to launch himself off. He figured this time, for sure, he'd get off the ground without eating dirt.

And he could float over Annie the whole time, watching her run.

He was hovering, he was up, he was--

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one In Search of a Broom - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 pm

The member 'Kerry Malibey' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'D100' :
    In Search of a Broom - Page 3 D100
    Result : 11
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Airborn!

Within moments he was flying over Annie, just above the trees, watching her run for the Bastion through the foliage just starting to change. He thought how wonderful she looked running--but then, why not?

She looked wonderful all the time.

"Run, Annie, run!" He was laughing from above, having a great time.

As of right now, he'd never felt happier.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Annie ran the whole way while Victoria and Kerry flew above. She loved the feel of the wind blowing her hair back and the light spring of her feet off the ground. When she reached the pitch, she was sweating—the nervous energy completely gone.

She slowed and bent over, catching her breath. Wiping her brow, she shrugged out of her jacket and waited for Victoria and Kerry to land.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Kerry touched down lightly next to Annie. He was getting the hang of the broom, but he certainly wasn't pushing it. Nice to just fly right now, he thought. I can push things when I get better at it.

As Victoria entered the shed Kerry said, "I'll be right here--Athena." He smiled broadly, remembering the call sign Professor Salomon had given her the first day.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Annie giggled when Kerry called her Athena. She was thrilled he remembered and she blew him a kiss before disappearing inside to suit up for her flight.
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Victoria Salomon Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Victoria was waiting broom in hand when Annie stepped out of the locker room. "Don't you cut a dashing figure," she said. "Something about a girl in leather...."

Handing the broom to Annie, Victoria decided to give her just a little bit of a pep talk. "If you think I'm expecting you to blow me away, Annie, I'm not." She looked around, waving to Kerry waiting about 15 meters away. "I have two of my own, and though Momma might have been hell on a broom, my boy is just able to keep one in the air--" She made wiggling motions with her hand, all the while going, "Oh, oh!", like someone in distress, "and not much else." She patted Annie's shoulder a couple of times. "Rare is the person who takes after their parents."

She started to walk Annie out of the Equipment Room. "I don't make people fly. If they want to, I teach them how. And if they're good and want to learn more, I help them get better." She stopped and turned, locking her eyes upon Annie's. "Just have fun. That's the most important lesson learned, ever."

She nodded in Kerry's direction. "We better get going; he's dying to show off for you." She picked up her Firebolt where she'd left it by the door. "I'll be right behind you guys just in case. You set your pace, okay?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Annie felt better after Victoria’s pep talk. It helped to know that not all witches and wizards from a flying family turn out to be magnificent in the air. She took the broom and followed her, meeting up with Kerry who looked like he was about to burst.

She did a small pirouette, broom in her right hand, and smiled. “Well, I look the part.” She held out her broom, putting it into a hover and neatly sat, swinging her leg up and over. “Who’s ready to see if I can actually make magic?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Kerry went into a hover and moved slowly off ahead and to the right, turning to watch Annie. "You can do it, Annie." He sat back and, for the first time, took his hands off the broom and pumped his fist. "I'll catch up to you."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Annie watched as Kerry took off—his broom never hesitating beneath him. He turned, cheering her on, and she took off…not sure what to expect.

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one In Search of a Broom - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one In Search of a Broom - Page 3 20 (D20.) :
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Let me see what happens here....

GM Emma carried out 1 launched of one In Search of a Broom - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content