The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

To the hospital we shall go

Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

To the hospital we shall go Empty To the hospital we shall go

Post  Raven Whitefeather Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Raven coughed a few more times before finally entering the Hospital Wing. She did a quick glance before announcing, "Hello? Anyone here?"

She was fine being in here when she was knocked out, but being there now freaked her out a bit. Don't worry. As soon as the nurse says you're ok, you'll be out of here.
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 45

To the hospital we shall go Empty Re: To the hospital we shall go

Post  Coraline Gallagher Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Coraline was about to step out for a bite when she heard someone calling for assistance. She stepped out of her office, and saw a student looking like she didn't want to be here standing just inside the doorway.

"Ah, come in," she said. Coraline tried to place the face--ah, the one of the girls from the Monday storm. She didn't look as if a limb had dropped on her this time, but she was certainly a bit pale. "Come this way, I'll get you set up."

She directed the girl to a chair and had her sit. While she began scanning her with a charm, she asked, "What seems to be the problem today?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 am

I really don't want to be here she groaned. For reasons beyond her, she always felt uneasy when it came to hospitals. It could be of the way it smelled, or even the nasty tasting potions they give you; either way, she wanted to leave. Just tell her about the cough so we can leave.

Raven was about to open her mouth to speak before she nearly coughed up a lung. She took another few, shallow breaths before answering Gallagher's question, "i just have a cough Ma'am; nothin too serious."
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Post  Coraline Gallagher Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:26 am

Coraline stepped back when the girl began coughing, just in case she was about to spit up--or worse. When she was finished Coraline waved her wand in the air and produced a mist the centered on Raven's chest.

"Nothing too serious... hum." Coraline flash a semi-serious grin. "See, this is why you're a student and I'm the nurse." She whipped her wand a couple of times, dispelling the mist. "You have a mild case of bronchitis; probably something you picked up last night." She helped the girl up and led her to a nearby bed. "Nothing too serious... I should be able to fix this up in no time."

She left the girl sitting on the bed and rummaged through a cabinet for about 10 seconds, until she found what she needed. "While this will fix you up," she said, pouring out a very small measure, "you're going to need to rest her for a couple of hours." She handed the cup to the student, who didn't look all that pleased. "We start Sick Call at 6:30 AM; next time take advantage of it and you won't have to miss lunch." Coraline nodded towards the cup. "That's peppermint flavored; it should go down very smoothly."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 am

All Raven could do was stare at the cup before her. She didn't mind missing lunch other than Petra said that she wanted to eat lunch with her, but she did feel a bit guilty for ditching her like that. She's the one that was determined for me to come here; if she's wondering where I am, I'm sure she'll look here first.

With that though aside, her attention still fell on the cup before her, I don't care what flavor it is, I bet it'll taste gross. Raven looked up to Gallagher, "Do I really have to drink this? Is there another choice?"
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Post  Coraline Gallagher Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 am

Coraline looked her patient over slowly. "You were here Monday... It's Raven, isn't it?" After the girl nodded Coraline said, "Well, I could knock you out and then pour it down your open throat, but that wouldn't be very ethical, would it?"

Grinning, she patted Raven on the shoulder. "It's not as bad as you think; this isn't like when I went to school, you know." She tipped her head upward as she said, "Drink up."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Raven was hesitant when she lifted the cup to her lips; she really didn't want to drink whatever the potion was, but she didn't want to be difficult either. She inhaled the potion, which smelled strongly of peppermint, but instead of sipping it, she put it back down. Come on, Raven, it's not that hard to drink the thing; I may not remember much on Monday, but I did drink something...at least I think I did.

She felt another coughing attack coming and she shut her eyes tightly, It's either this, or the cough. Lifting the cup once again, she chucked down the liquid like a bottle of whiskey on the 4th of July. Amazingly enough, she didn't choke on the drink nor did it taste all that bad, but she still grimaced after drinking it.
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Post  Coraline Gallagher Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 am

Coraline laughed aloud. "God, what a baby!" She eased Raven back so she could lay down. "I'll have you know my potions are some of the best you'll ever taste.

"Now, I don't want you going anywhere." She gave Raven her patented "stern look" to let her know she meant business. "Right now you feel okay, but in about 5 minutes you're gonna to feel a little drowsy and then you'll feel a lot drowsy not long after. And I don't want you sneaking off back the tower because I have to sign you out."

She patted Raven on the shoulder. "I'll have lunch sent up. They're having homemade mac and cheese: or would you rather a bratwurst sandwich and fries?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Despite the fact that Raven didn't eat anything in 15 hours, she still didn't feel hungry. It didn't worry her that she didn't feel like eating because she figured that she'll eat a big dinner when she wakes up. "I'm not very hungry, but thank you anyway Ma'am." With that being said, Raven rolled over on her side. She didn't feel drowsy yet, but she closed her eyes.

I'm totally ditchin that Midnight Madness thing that everyone's be talking about. Tomorrow's Saturday, so I guess I can go to town with a group, ah, but I have to go see about that telescope thing. I guess I can to that Sunday. She opened her eyes again only to stare at the floor before her and taking in a deep breath, I really want to see the Quiddich team practice though... She continued to let her mind wonder until she felt a tad bit sleepy. She closed her eyes, yet again, and let her body relax, until she fell asleep completely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 am