The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Before Class Fun

Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Before Class Fun Empty Before Class Fun

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sat May 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Raven couldn't sleep the night before, she was the only one in her room and, other than her brothers, everyone seemed to avoid her. She got dressed and quickly left the tower and headed towards the gardens. She didn't seem to care if it was ok to leave so early or not, no one cares, so what's the point.

Wondering down a path and made her way to a flower garden. The garden was full of roses, lillies, and gardenias. The smell was intoxicating. this ain't nothing like Texas. A slight breeze passed by which made her feel way out of her element. A chill went up her spine and she was glad she wore her robe that morning, yep, this ain't nothing like Texas.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Before Class Fun Empty Re: Before Class Fun

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Guilt ate away at her as Lina decided to leave Emma behind as she went on a morning walk, "gomene," she whispered to her still sleeping roommate.

Lina walked down the tower steps to the great hall, then made her way outside. She loved the morning breeze that passed by as it reminded her of home. Taking a deep breath, she walked down the many paths, quickly getting herself lost within the gardens.

Where am I , she thought to herself, not noticing the spender around her, and tried to back-track to the Great Hall. Lina turned down one path and quickly collided with a girl. Taking a few steps back, Lina spazzed as she went to apologize to the blond, tall girl. "I am so sorry," she bowed to the girl, "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, so, um, sorry!"
    Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

Post  Jessica Kishna Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Jessica entered the gardens from the Great Hall when she saw the smart mouthed first year aimlessly wandering around. She had already heard news of the upperclassmen that dragged her into the bathroom. She smiled when she thought of how the older girl screamed in agony over her punishment.

Yes, they all learn…eventually. Jessica ruled over her coven fiercely—any rule breaking was severely punished.

She decided to see if this new girl was ready to join ranks. She rarely saw one so young with so much fight.

“Hello, Raven,” she crooned. “Enjoying our weather?”
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sat May 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Raven lost her train of thought when she felt someone run into her. Although she took a slight step forward to catch her balance, she barely noticed the petite girl ran into her. "I am so sorry," the petite, Asian girl bowed to the Raven, "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, so, um, sorry!"

"umm," was all Raven can mutter out. Ever since the previous night, no one wanted to talk to her; she was, after all, her coven's outcast. Not knowing what else to do, Raven stuttered out the phrase, "Everything's hunky dorey, no harm done."

Raven put her hand out in front of her hoping that the girl in front of her would grab it, "the name's Raven, Raven Whitefeather. I'm from Fritch, Texas and my absolutely favorite Quidditch team is the Sweetwater All-Stars, and it's not cause they're located in Texas either."

Before she could get an answer, she heard her coven head call out to her. “Hello, Raven,” Professor Kishna crooned. “Enjoying our weather?”

Quickly turning around, Raven looked up at the Professor, "I ain't gonna lie, it ain't like Texas."
    Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

Post  Jessica Kishna Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Jessica laughed at the quick tongue of the young girl. “I suppose not,” she said. “Though, I suppose we might be able to fix that.”

She slipped out her wand. “Watch me, Raven.” She picked a wilting gardenia and waved her wand over the flower. “There. A little piece of Texas, just for you.” She held out the red Texas Star flower.

“Now, your turn.” Jessica plucked another fading flower and held it out for Raven. “Think of your favorite flower, and let’s see what happens.”
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sun May 22, 2011 4:22 am

Raven was certainly impressed by the Professor's actions. The Texas star flower (mostly the yellow color) grew all around her home back in Texas, "gives me inspiration" as her parents would say. More impressed that the Professor actually did something nice, they said that she could be brutal, but nothing about her being nice.

Realization hit when her coven head asked her to do something. "Ma'am, I don't have a favorite flower," she said simply, "I don't really like flowers all that much." She felt horrible that she didn't like flowers, after all, her mom loved flowers more than enough for her. Flowers, to her at least, were nice to look at, but having a favorite was beyond her.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm

She felt out of place. Lina didn't want to interrupt the professor and the girl before her, Raven, she believes. The girl witnessed the professor turning one of the white gardenia flowers into a red, star-shaped flower, which amazed the young girl. Lina was quiet as they spoke, but she felt as if she was eavesdropping. She wanted to tell the tall, Texan girl to speak with her later, but she didn't know what coven or year she was in, seeing that she didn't see the color or stars on the girl's robe.

"Sorry," Lina said giving a short bow to the professor and Raven, "I'll be leaving now."

<ooc- raven, go ahead god-mod lina's actions if you want.>
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Turning around, Raven nearly forgot about the petite girl behind her. Raven reached out her arm, grabbing the girl's wrist in the process. "Wai ta pickin second, 'ight?" Raven's thick Texan accent starting to come out. Turning around to face Professor Kishna. She knew that she'll probably get in trouble later, but she wanted to make a friend while at school, other than her brothers anyway. "Sorry Professa Kishna, gotta run," and with that, she turned around and dragged the girl behind her.

She dragged the girl down a few more paths until they reached a three tier fountain. The fountain had a simple design on it, but it had people carved on the side of it, as if they were dancing. It was rather beautiful, but it was an odd, old fountain in the middle of a flower garden.

Letting go of the girl's hand she turned around and faced her, "um, I didn't catch ya name," she said in her normal, subtle accent.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sun May 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Catching her breath, Lina didn't have time to figure out where in the garden she was in.
    There was something that told her that she was safe, now whether it was because she was in an enchanting place or because she was with someone else, Lina didn't know.

"My name is Evangelina Cromwell," Lina smiled at the at the strange girl. She didn't remember anything else the girl said, but she wanted to do an equally impressive introduction like she did, but she didn't know what to say. "um, I'm a first year in, um, Morrigan. I'm not a fan of Quiddich, I would rather watch the Northern Wizarding Dueling Competition, but I do watch it some times when I'm at my grandparent's house," Lina said in a soft, calm voice.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sun May 22, 2011 10:51 pm

"No way, I ma first year too!" Raven exclaimed. Her excitement got the better of her as she grabbed Evangelina into a hug, "but I'm in Ceridwen, see?" she pointed to the yellow star on her jacket, "Yellow for Ceridwen, but it's also yellow star for my shiny personality."

Raven chuckled at her own joke and put her arms over her head in order to stretch. She looked towards the sky, watching a few birds fly by and a slight breeze passed. The cold air started to be a too much for Raven as she shivered, I hope it gets warma this aftanoon, it's freezin.' "Hey, ya wanna head inside? It's kinda cold out here...oh, don't worry, I know my way back."

Last edited by Raven Whitefeather on Tue May 24, 2011 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 am

Lina nodded to the Raven's suggestion, even though she wasn't cold. Walking back to the Great Hall, Lina looked at the courtyard clock as it read 7:45. "Raven, class starts soon...um, actually, what do you have first class? I have History of Magic first, then Flying, and my last class of the day is Dueling."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Mon May 23, 2011 5:43 am

Raven guided Evangelina out of the Tower Garden and back into the Great Hall. Although they walked mostly in silence, it was broken when Evangelina spoke, "Raven, class starts soon...um, actually, what do you have first class? I have History of Magic first, then Flying, and my last class of the day is Dueling."

Looking over at Evangelina, she smiled and carelessly replied, "I have History of Magic at 8, then Flyin sometime after. I have two classes taday." Putting her hand on the back of her head, yawned, then spoke again, "I hate havin classes so early; I'm ready for a nap."

They ended up in silence again man, this girl doesn't like speaking much, she thought to herself. She looked at Evangelina again and smiled, but she's cute

"Come on, let's go ta class."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:48 am