The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

Morrigan Main Commons

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Morrigan Main Commons Empty Morrigan Main Commons

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Everything that Evangelina liked about the school vanished from her mind as she saw the sign "Welcome to Hell, Witches" right above the door shield. Her thoughts quickly went back to the sorting as she remembered her Hell that she went through. She wanted to forget about it and wished that it never happened, but she knew that it would never happen, what in the world am I doing here?

Looking around the Commons, Evangelina looked at the splendor room of blue and black. Was it like this when Kassan went here? she questioned to herself. She made her way to the fireplace, after ignoring much of the whispers she witnessed some of the students doing. She looked behind her, seeing if Emma followed her or not, but she saw the students that were whispering quickly turned around. Evangelina felt a little self-conscious, straightening out her skirt, she went to go find Emma. When she eventually made it to where Emma was, feeling more self-conscious as several students, even those on the commons on the second floor seemed to watch her every move. Please let it not be me, please let it not be me, she thought to herself. Grabbing Emma's wrist, she quickly spewed the words, "there's nothing on me right?"
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Morrigan Main Commons Empty Re: Morrigan Main Commons

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Emma was blown away by the coven tower. It was nothing like she'd expected; having heard stories of the place she thought it was going to be totally gothic, with everyone running around in witch's outfits cackling like crazy. If she had to place it, she'd say it was totally modern, but with a bit of Tim Burton thrown in.

That moment Evangelina ran up to her, looking really worried. "There's nothing on me right?" she asked, and Emma looked her up and down, thinking that maybe someone had put a "Kick Me!" charm on her or something.

"No, nothin'," she said, shaking her head. "You look totally normal to me, Evangelina... Is that what you want me to call you? 'Evangelina'?" She didn't wait for an answer. "C'mon, let get to bed, 'kay? Maybe we're in the same room!"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Walking to the side of Emma, Evangelina smiled and quickly answered her first question, "you can call me Lina if you like, everyone else does."

The two of them walked several flights of stairs to the third floor, where the first and second year dorms were located. I really hope we are in the same room, she thought to herself. Evangelina leaned towards Emma and asked, "which of these rooms do you think we're in"
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Emma looked down the curving hall. "I'm guessing we might be in..." She pointed to the second door down. "That room. Because that's where I want to go!"

She skipped the short distance down the hall, looked in and let out a screech. "Yay! My trunk!" At the foot of one of the beds was a old leather steamer that was crimson with touches of pink. "There's only one other trunk in here--is it yours, Lina?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Evangelina looked inside of the room; it was quite a sight to see. There were 4 beds within the room, two against one wall and the other two against another. The canopy beds had a rich blue velvet decor about them, which had a black design on them. On top of the beds were a darker blue comforters with comfy looking white pillows on them. The beds were made of a darker wood color with long.

Snapping out of her slight moment of awe, Evangelina looked at the trunk in question. The trunk was a deep red and made out of a hard wood that even she didn't know. There were a few iron hardware on it that had an European design on it. On the top of a trunk was a rather large emblem carved on it. The emblem was a large circle and within it were three smaller circles in a pyramid shape and right below it was a long line that didn't touch the circle around them.

Smiling, Evangelina turned to Emma and nodded, "yes, this is my trunk. I guess that means we're roommates, hua?"
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Emma resisted the urge to jump up and down. "Woah!" He shook her hands at her side, then, in a crazy urge, gave Lina a hug. "You know what this means? We're together all 7 years!"

She ran over to the door and shut it. "I know people can't see in, but I feel better getting ready for bed with the door closed." She opened her trunk and pulled out some pink pajamas bottoms and a plain off-yellow cami top. She started to remove her clothing, then held up. "Oh, um... I didn't mean to start undressing like that. But, ahm--" She gave Lina a lop-sided smile. "It doesn't make you nervous, does it?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 9:23 pm

"I don't mind," Evangelina said as she walked over to her trunk and pulled out a short-sleeve, green shirt with a cartoon panda on it and a pair of black, elastic waist shorts. "I have two younger sisters, so it doesn't really bother me."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 9:27 pm

"Oh, cool!" In less than a minute Emma was out of her clothes and into her pajamas before literally leaping into bed after closing her trunk. "Just to let you know, I get excited some times, like way over, and if I start to get like that, just let me know, 'kay?"

Emma sat there in bed with her comforter covering her lap. "Lina, I have a good feeling about the Ravens. I think you and I are gonna kick their butts!" She giggled. "'Welcome to Hell, Witches!', my behind! You better watch for us!"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 9:38 pm

She watched as Emma got overly excited by jumping in her bed. Smiling to herself, Lina laid out her uniform across her trunk. She was making sure that everything was perfect when Emma spoke, "Just to let you know, I get excited some times, like way over, and if I start to get like that, just let me know, 'kay?"

Lina looked over towards Emma, then walked over to the side of her bed, "don't worry, I'll tell you."

Lina took out her book and started to read. "Lina, I have a good feeling about the Ravens. I think you and I are gonna kick their butts!" Emma giggled. "'Welcome to Hell, Witches!', my behind! You better watch for us!"

"I sure hope so. Ka-I mean, my mom didn't tell me about stuff like this when she and my dad went here."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Emma nodded. "My dad was in Åsgårdsreia, and said it was crazy then 'cause he was getting out about the time the Wizarding War started," she said. "He only said that it can be tough her; I mean, he wouldn't tell me anything about his Sorting." He sniffed. "He said I wouldn't understand until I was there."

She watched Lina and was amazed at how calm the girl was. "You're like ice, you know that?" she said. "I don't have the patience to be like, you know, cool." She fluffed the comforter. "What do your parents do? My dad is in the Muggle Department in the Ministry in Denver. Mom's--well, she's a Muggle, but she helps out there with, um, Muggle stuff."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm like ice? Confused by what Emma said, she ignored it and went on. "My dad was also in Åsgårdsreia, Mom was in Mórrígan. They didn't tell me much other than the basics of the sorting and a bit about the school." Lina adjusted herself on her bed, "My dad works for the Ministry in British Columbia, Canada, but I really don't know what he does. I think when he came here he was part of his coven's dueling club, but he doesn't talk about it much."

Lina gave a slight smile, "My mom is a stay-at-home mom." She became a bit excited when she talked about her mom, "My mom was also a Valkyrie, you know, the coven dueling club? I heard she was one of the best, especially since she didn't know anything about magic...oh, my mom is Muggle-born."

Giving a little more thought into it, Lina continued to say, "I don't really know much about what my parents did in the past other than what they told me and my sisters, especially during the war." Shaking her head, Lina decided to change the subject, "so, did you live in a Muggle community too, or did you live in a wizard community?"
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Emma nodded her head for no reason. "Oh, we live in a Muggle area," she said. "It's nice. No one really know what we do, so we have to really be careful when it comes to charms and stuff like that."

She pulled the comforter up again, like Emma was trying to bury herself in its folds. "Dueling, huh? I read some about the Valkyries, they're like the best in the country. I'm pretty good on a broom, but getting on the runway against another witch--wow. I don't know. You gotta have nerves to do that."

Emma hung her head for a second before giving it a quick shake, then looking back at Lina. "I'll bet there's something around here about your mom; heck, maybe my dad even knew her." She sat back on her hands. "Maybe my dad knew dad, too. I mean, the school isn't that big, so getting to know the other covens isn't that hard, I suppose. And--" Emma made a phift!ing sound. "People around here knew your mom if she was a Valkyrie."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 pm

"I guess that'll make sense," Lina agreed. "Are you going to try out for the coven Quidditch team?" she asked as her eyelids started to droop.
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri May 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Shrugging, Emma said, "I might, but I don't want to ride a crappy broom, and they have rules about 1st Years owning their own." She noticed Lina's eyes starting to droop. "Hey, oh, man, I'm sorry. I didn't think about how late it is, Lina."

She rolled into bed and pulled the covers up. "Oh, this is nice. I'm gonna like this." Smiling at Line, Emma said, "Night! Tomorrow is gonna be nice."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:49 am