The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

I know, I'm weird

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

I know, I'm weird Empty I know, I'm weird

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:16 am

So...I have a slight obsession with cosplaying...and right now, I have a slight obsession with Harry Potter. I was watching my favorite HP film the other day (GoF) and I can honestly say, I'm really upset that they portrayed Beauxbations as an all girl's school (the same thing with Durmstrang as an all boy's school). Now, the reason why I'm upset with how they portrayed Beauxbations (and why I brought up cosplaying) is because I really want to cosplay a Beauxbations male student.

Now, the main reason I want to cosplay this is because everyone cosplays as a Hogwarts student, or even make the movie-style uniforms for the other two schools at cons and photo shoots, that they forget that the books say that all of the schools were co-ed (there was a Durmstrang girl).

This is the uniform that someone thought best suited a Beauxbations boy. Do you think that this best portrays a Beauxbation's male student?
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

I know, I'm weird Empty Re: I know, I'm weird

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:10 am

First off, you're not weird. With SDCC just having finished, The Mary Sue had done a few articles on why gender bending cosplay isn't all that unusual.

Two, we know there was a Beauxbatons boy because the Harry Potter Wiki sez so! In fact, it was this boy who saved Parvati Patil (one of the two very hot Patil Sisters) from the clutches of a very depressed Harry during the Yule Ball and remained very close to her for the rest of that school year. (Oh, and Wiki: she was wearing a saree, not dress robes, to the Ball.)

As for that outfit: yeah, it looks good to me. If you compare it to what the girls wore, it fits completely.

And if you really want to know what the boys wore at Beauxbatons, ask the two instructors at the school who graduated from there.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm not a fan of the cape. Just cause they're Beauxbaton guys, shouldn't mean they have to lose their masculinity and dress like the girls. That cape should stay with the ladies--like the dress.

I'd turn it into a jacket to complete the suit.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:49 pm

The second one looks good.

The first one requires Quick Time which is, of course, Satan.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 pm

yeah, the first one was a pic of the Shugo Chara character that wears that uniform.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm

I had Shugo Chara once, but a trip to the ER fixed me right up.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:31 pm

I know, I'm weird 740253910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm