The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

4 posters

Wincing The Night Away.

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Wincing The Night Away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wincing The Night Away.

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Annie didn’t even think twice. She slid between the sheets and made herself comfortable next to him. “I could too,” she whispered, burying herself into him. She listened to the steady rhythm of his heart, her head rising and falling with each of his breaths.

“Kerry, this might sound strange…” What doesn’t when it comes out of my mouth these days, Annie smiled as she stretched her arm over his chest and closed her eyes. “I was wondering if you might tell me about your secret spot. The one you used to visit in the woods behind the unfinished house. What is it you used to spend all your time reading?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm not even going to ask how she knows that, Kerry thought. It's a vision she had--move on. "When we were living in Sleepy Hollow in California, we were in this subdivision--well, the whole town is a subdivision . . ." Kerry thought to skip the subjective description and bore straight to the story.

"When I first started riding my bike, I was like just about 7, and the better I got the farther I'd ride from home. Which was okay, since everyone rode bikes, and my parents were never home.

"There was this one road, you'd follow it all the way down and it turned into a fire road, which is nothing but a dirt road leading into the hills. I never went on it, because those roads are pretty rough and I wasn't exactly the sort of person who did mountain biking.

"There was a house on the left side of the road, it was just about completely built, but for some reason it didn't get finished--maybe they ran out of money or something. Anyway, one day I stop and start looking it over, and I sort of wandered back into the woods behind the house.

"About 40, 50 feet off the road, up a hill a bit, there were two trees that almost came together, and you could sort of sit in the crook of the trunks and rest. It was comfortable and cool: all sorts of shade. And the best part was you could see everything on the road below but no one could see you, 'cause of the way shrubs and everything sat.

"I started going there to read. I don't know why, I did. I liked it, I guess, because it was outside and there was a breeze and it was really sort of comfortable.

"The first books I started reading was the Odyssey Novels--Arthur Clarke's books, 2001, 2010, 2061 and 3001. I spend the whole summer up there reading all four books, getting through them before school started." He snuggled up closer to Annie. "Those were my first real adult books."

He nuzzled Annie's hair. "After that I didn't get over there much. Sometimes on the weekend, but that was it. Seemed like in March of the following year I went up there to sit and think, and I feel sleep . . . and when I woke up, I'd guess I'd been crying in my sleep 'cause my face was all wet.

"I got my bike and looked at that place before riding off--and I knew I'd never see it again. I don't know why, but I knew I was seeing it for the last time." He sighed into Annie's fluffy locks. "A month later my Dad told me we were moving to Wales." He nodded slowly. "And I never have been back. And probably never will."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 pm

“That was the first summer I learned what a bicycle was,” she sighed. His voice in the quiet room gave her goosebumps, and she shivered beside him. “My father thought I lost my mind when I described it—and then asked for one. It wasn’t long after that he bought me my first broom.” Annie lay still, thinking about his story.

“I remember your hair in the sun. I used to think it was a flame. I never desired to run my fingers through anything so much in my life as I did your hair.” She giggled as she remembered all the nights she spent crying in her mother's lap about wanting the red flame. If she knew where I was right now, she'd get a huge laugh.

"I don't know, Kerry. You might get that chance again." She tilted her head up and nuzzled his neck. “But then again, you might find other forests worth exploring.”

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Kerry found Annie's discussion about him to be a little strange--she's talking about me like she knew me for years before we met, he thought. And maybe she did, 'cause Kerry thought of some times after they'd moved to Cardiff when, in his dreams, he'd hear strange voices and wonder, Why am I not dreaming in English?

"I want to explore," he said. "I've always wanted to see other places. I've been in parts of England and even went up to Edinburgh once, but that's been it. I've never even been on the European mainland, and I've lived in Cardiff for 3 years now."

Inching his left arm over Annie, he lay it across her and anchored her in the crook. "But there's so much time to do that." He almost hummed something to himself and wondered why. "Don't you agree?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Annie could never remember a time she’d ever been more comfortable than right at that moment. His warmth reached out to her and ensnared her very being. Listening to his melodious voice in the darkness, the rhythm of his accent held her captive.

“I’d go to the ends of the earth with you, Kerry,” she whispered into his ear. “But, this is the only place I want to be right now.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:04 pm

"I don't want you to leave, Annie." Kerry settled in close to her and snuggled in for the night. "I thought about you a lot; every time I flew over the Hall." He kissed the back of her neck. "I was scared today. I didn't know it, but I was. But I'm not now. I'm where I want to be."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 pm

“I thought about you every second you were gone, Kerry. When I thought you might not come back…alive,” Annie shuddered in his embrace. “I almost lost it.” She pulled him tighter, tangling her legs with his. “But we’re both where we belong now, and we’re both safe.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Kerry didn't want to let Annie go. "I know. I thought about protecting you. That's why I was out. I wanted to protect you." His smile was soft and sweet. "And everyone else, but you first."

He gave Annie a long, tender kiss, then pushed his head into the pillow. "You're always with me," he said. "I like sleeping with you."

And then he closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Annie stayed awake a while longer, listening to his breathing become deeper as he relaxed into unconsciousness. She studied the contours of his face in the dim light of the room and imagined the exact shade of his hair in her mind.

“I love you, Kerrigan Rodney Malibey,” she whispered into the darkness while closing her eyes. “And where there is love…there is pain.”
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 45

Post  Coraline Gallagher Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:59 pm

OOC: Morning. 6AM

IC:

Coraline stood at the foot of Kerry’s bed and smiled down at the two kids. I’ll be damned. Denna called it exactly…

Of course, Coraline had already reamed the orderly who she was positive would not only stay awake all night, but would catch Annie slipping into Kerry’s bed. I should know better than to bet against Denna by now.

She shook Annie’s leg and folded her arms across her chest, tapping her fingers on her upper arm.

“Wakey, wakey, sleepy heads.”
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Annie rolled over onto her back and yawned. The bright light in the room kept her eyes shut, but she felt someone standing at the foot of her bed.

“Mama,” she said, slightly annoyed about being woken up. “Az iskam da ostana s momcheto s plamenen kosa.”

Annie rolled back over and hit something soft. She squinted and realized there was a boy in her bed. No…not just any boy--it was Kerry. This is his bed and I’m in it.

For a few brief moments, Annie thought this was one of her dreams gone wrong. She wasn’t supposed to be able to touch him, but there he was…

She sat up as the night before came back to her and Nurse Coraline smiled.

OOC: Translation: I want to stay with the boy with the flaming hair.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Kerry was drifting up from whatever warm blanket of sleep he'd been cocooned within. There was a slight pressure on him; he half-opened his eyes and saw parts of Annie's face . . . and there was a scent . . . it had to be her hair.

"Morning, Sweetie," he said, mumbling softly. He tried to sink into her. "I slept so well . . .."

And, from the corner of his eye, Kerry realize they weren't alone.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Annie couldn’t help but smile at him. She admired his bedraggled hair and longed to snuggle back in the shelter of his arms. Instead, she looked up at Nurse Coraline and wondered what kind of punishment they were about to get. Whatever it is, I’d do last night over again in a heartbeat.

“Good morning, Nurse Coraline. Sleep well?” She’s going to murder both of us…
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:02 pm

When Annie said the magic words--"Nurse Coraline"--he knew there was no talking his way out of this. Instead he rolled back over and made himself appeared as relaxed as possible.

"The, um, treatment worked," he said, acting as if Annie really wasn't there. "I feel great! Thanks for, um . . . everything." Yeah, and you imagined you crashed and burned yesterday, he thought.
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Post  Coraline Gallagher Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Coraline raised her eyebrows. “I’ll bet you do, Red.” She crossed over to the chair next to the bed both kids occupied and sat.

“I already know what happened last night, so don’t bother explaining. I trust Denna when she says nothing happened,” She paused and eyed them both, trying to determine if that was indeed the case. I still can't believe she called this so perfectly.

“Just so you two both know—I don’t make it a policy for students to sleep together during their stay. However, last night I was informed that I should make an exception to that rule.” Coraline sank back into the chair and furrowed her brow.

“I don’t pretend to have all the answers, guys. But I have to tell you both that this behavior will eventually catch up to you.” She stood up and leaned against the side of the bed. “I will always be here if either of you would like to talk about anything that seems…confusing. Am I making myself clear?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:27 pm

He didn't need to be told twice. Understanding what a bullet they'd just dodged, Kerry nodded. "Yes, Nurse Coraline," he said softly. "And we didn't want to get anyone in trouble. It's just . . ." He looked over to Annie. "I had a nightmare. Annie came over to talk and--"

There wasn't anything else to say. Kerry reached over and put on his glasses, then said, "We'll watch it in the future."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Annie heard the relief in Kerry’s voice and nodded her own agreement. “I’m really sorry, Nurse Coraline. The orderly was gone and Kerry was in bad shape. I didn’t know what else to do for him, so I went with what came naturally, and that was to sleep next to him.”

Annie felt her cheeks flush as she finished speaking.
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Post  Coraline Gallagher Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Coraline grinned at the sight of them. These two will be something else when they get a little older…

“Alright, enough of that talk. I really am glad both of you managed a good night sleep. Sometimes, that is just what is required to feel better.

"So what do you say, Kerry? Are you well enough to get up and get some breakfast under your own power?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Kerry began moving he arms about slowly. When he didn't wince from the movement, he nodded. "I think so, Nurse Coraline." He slowly extracted himself from the covers and swung his legs over the side. Sliding off the bed he steadied himself for a bout of the dizziness and/or disorientation he'd been having last night. Nothing.

He turned to the Head Nurse and smiled. "I feel good, Nurse Coraline," he said. "I think I'll be okay now."
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Post  Coraline Gallagher Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Clapping her hands, Coraline proclaimed him well enough to accompany Annie to breakfast.

“Go get changed and you can consider yourselves sprung.” She put her hand on Kerry’s shoulder. “Kerry, try to take it easy today. No flying, no long hikes, and if you feel dizzy, come back immediately. Other than that, I’m sure Annie will keep a good eye on you.” She winked at him and said her goodbyes to both of them.

“Remember, I’m always here if you want to talk, guys,” she said, and disappeared, leaving them on their own.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:05 pm

“She’s right, you know,” Annie giggled, still sitting cross-legged in his bed. “I’ll keep an eye on you.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 pm

"You've been doing a great job so far, Sweetie." Walking over to where his clothing had been put, he opened the drawers and began removing his things--and remembered that when he'd been brought in he'd been wearing his flying gear. "Do you think leather pants and flying boots are going to be too much for breakfast?" he asked.

Then for the first time since they'd awoken Kerry became a little embarrassed. "I, um . . ." He looked to the other bed where Annie was suppose to have spent the night. "I need to change."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Annie howled with laughter and doubled over onto his bed as she realized he was serious. She sat up, holding her aching sides and slid off his bed. “Alright….Red,” she said in her best Nurse Coraline impression.

Annie wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her body close to his. “Hurry…” she whispered and stroked his neck with her lips. Without another sound, she let go and disappeared to the bathrooms in order to freshen up for breakfast.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 am