The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

Talkin' about the Attack

Rumor Mills
    Rumor Mills
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Talkin' about the Attack Empty Talkin' about the Attack

Post  Rumor Mills Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey, Witches. Rumor here.

Yah, great day, neh? Ya wake up to go to class, and our Big Red Shield is up there in the sky keepin' us safe. I know a lot of people don't feel safe, but guess what? A lot of people--our own Wednesday--have spent the last 10 years making sure that thing does its job, so relax those bowels, or you're all gonna overtax the bathrooms when this is over.

So what's new? Well, for one, this ain't the Scouring. The score inside the shield is Salem Witches 1, Death Eaters 0. And we intend to keep it that way.

What else is happening? People are learning quick and dirty dueling. Really, it's suppose to be "emergency protection spells", but everywhere else they call it dueling. A few people have been hurt, but that's what happens when you turn a bunch of wizards and witches pumped up on adrenalin loose with a spell sheet and a wand. Stuff be broken,and at last we ain't talkin' major bones.

Patrols are out and they are everywhere. That's all you need to know. If you see one of our people walking about with their wand at ready, listen to them and give 'em room to move. If they aren't our people, you'll probably see them die--if you stick around, that is. I'd run if I were you.

Broom patrols are out as well. Quidditch and Quodpot players aren't bitching at each other, but are flying in formation for once. And we have a fair number of volunteers who have taken to the air to help in whatever capacity. Salem ain't most schools: there's a lot of places out there, both outside and inside the walls, where people could hide, and all the eyez in the skyz are keepin' on the prize.

We have our hospital and triage all set up and ready to go, and if the volunteers there don't beat each other to death during spell practice we'll be ready to treat wounded if they come in.

As for what's outside--

Nothing's being heard from Dunwich, but that's to be expected. The floo ain't working, and the owls are in lock down. There's a few things coming in, but... hell, might as well know. Story is Durmstrang and Pacific Cascades have seen hit and run attacks. Hitting either place is insane: Pacific Cascades are a bunch of crazy witches and Durmstrang is a bunch of crazy wizards, and if you are foolish enough to go Death Eating at either school, then you don't mind dying. Nothing from Sky and Summit or Beauxbatons, but things are really sketchy. And getting info from Asia... you got more luck getting a Chinese take out right now.

As for what's going on at Hoggies? If I do know--and who says I don't?--am I going to tell ya? Hehehe. Some rumors I gotta keep to myself.

That Rumor Control, Kiddies.

Over and out.
    Rumor Mills
    Rumor Mills
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Talkin' about the Attack Empty Rumors for 17 September, 6:00 PM

Post  Rumor Mills Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 am

Hey, Witches. Rumor here.

Well, some week, huh? When it's all said and done the doing of Monday the 12th needed to get done. The only good Death Eater is a dead Death Eater, and it would appear that by the day, there were a lot of good Death Eaters.

Oh, sure: Hogwarts is shut down at the moment, and probably will be for another couple of weeks, and it seems the Ministry of Magic in the UK is gonna need to figure out what to do about their Death Eater problem, but what happened on the 12th opened their eyes. Now to see what they'll do....

Here we've moved on. The Remembrance is behind us, and life goes on. Classes continue and people go about their business. Students are back into their studies--some way back into them. Rumor has it there's a student in the Mórrígan coven who's like a groundhog: if she sees her shadow fall across a book, she comes out and heads for the library. It's hard to confirm that because I've yet to see her....

Madeline Palmescoff still holds on in ICU, and rumor has it she may wake up today, tomorrow, or Monday. Considering how she was on death's door the fact she's made it this far is a testament to the tender mercies of our own Nurse Coraline and the potion wizardry (or is that witchery?) of Erywin Sladen.

And speaking of the Mistress of Potions--all I'll say is when Slytherin girls get together, they get together. Well, maybe not together, but you know what I mean. Or maybe you don't. Ask the Mórrígans, 'cause I understand there's a reason some of the girls never leave their dorm rooms....

Then again, there are some couples who love being together outside their dorm rooms. Not mentioning any names, but rumor has it after the Monday Troubles were over there was a cozy little overnight in the Hospital and a resent exchange of . . . presents. All I can say is good thing they're still young, otherwise some sky pilot might be putting his . . . broomstick to other uses.

Oh, and speaking of crazy 1st Years . . . when you try out for quidditch, please make sure you know how to fly a damn broom. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Åsgårdsreia Gurrls--you who are currently taking up bed space with broken limbs. Well, at least no fear they'll be sleeping together any time soon--Head Nursy is wise to that deal.

Well, that's it for now. Maybe next time I can give you the lowdown on how played the Ministry was during this attack. Yeah, Death Eaters--can't live with them, but you can sure kill them.

This is Rumor Control. Over and out.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm